The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Spdracr's Turbo Build

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 37

Spdracr's Turbo Build

first and before i forget i wanna thanks underated for helping through hundreds of PMs putting this together along with stewi, laxin, warmandscsi, run1206, icedoutgalant and slava from club3g and whoever i forgot to mention

i started buying parts the beginning of February and im almost done collecting my parts

this project ended being a lil more than i expected it to cost me but i did go all out and got mostly new parts, sorry i dont have pics right now but i promise u guys tomorrow i will get them posted

so here is my list:

evo 8 turbo with 10.5 hotside came with a tubular manifold but has a small crack so the seller sent me the stock cast manifold and i bought a brand new Megan Racing tubular manifold

Megan Racing SS O2 housing

Megan Racing 3" SS DP (evo DP)

Megan Racing 3" test pipe

Megan Racing 3" inlet muffler

evo 8 oil pan

evo 9 fuel pump

evo 8 fuel rail and fpr

450cc dsm injectors with resistor pack

ebay manual boost controller

ebay type-s (i think) BOV

bar & plate IC 27x6x3.5 with 2.5" piping

E-manage blue with pc tool

innovative wideband controller with LC-1 and tactrix cable and digital afr gauge

water and oil lines

2003 ecu with reluctor

oil filter adapter

gauge holder ( will be molded under the climate control )

and misc gaskets, couplers, fitting from extreme psi and jegs

intake pipe with SS cone filter (it will be a CAI)

parts i still need:

oil catch can

boomslang harness for e-manage

spark plugs and wires

vacuum manifold

tranny cooler

boost gauge and oil pressure gauge

so far my total spending is: $2800

this total does not include the extra valve cover that i bough to get powder coated, the SS brake lines, the evo IC and pipes that i wanted to go with in the first place

i wanted to keep this on the DL few members are aware of this so far but i have so many questions and i knew i will run into some problems and i dont have alotta of local members who would help, laxin and mtcavity offered to help and i appreciate that alot

im staying with the auto tranny and looking to get somewhere around 250hp and i know the 450cc injectors will max out so i will swap those out once i get my setup completed and running and before i get tuned by sean ivey

i know this thread is worthless without pics :)

questions and comments are welcome

thanks

edit: pics added of the gauge pod
    http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/e...o%20Parts/
    Last edited by spdracr; 04-10-2008 at 11:56 PM
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

finally alex, lets hope we can get this done before summer!!
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

good start, hopefully you get the remaining parts soon. I won't be ablt to get my build going again til mtcavity has a free day. :(

good luck to you and your build :D

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by IceDouTGaLanT View Post
    finally alex, lets hope we can get this done before summer!!
    screw u ron i will be done waaaaay before the summer lol

Quote Originally Posted by run1206 View Post
    good start, hopefully you get the remaining parts soon. I won't be ablt to get my build going again til mtcavity has a free day. :(

good luck to you and your build :D
    thanks man good luck to u too on ur build, it sucks u dont have a daily driver like i do, im just waiting for a nice day so i can fit the manifold and cut it and bend it and take it to a shop and get it rewelded and then fit the intercooler and the pipes
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

nice man cant wait to see it
    need help? u know how to reach me
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................

Nice Start man! and goodluck!

well tonight i wanted to fit the intercooler and it was nice out and since i dont have a garage i have to work in the parking lot which is not a big deal

i managed to get all the screws off the bumper and the 2 tabs under the grill and when i went to take the headlights out to get to the tabs under them it started raining :( so i just screwed the 2 screws on the outside and left it as is

those plastic tabs had to be broken off since i couldnt take them out with a screw driver like its supposed to so i guess i will hit the dealer and get me new ones
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

on sunday when u come here mayb we can bolt it on
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................

Look for another bov the ebay type s or rs are shit. They leak and are just crap.

just took pics of the gauge pod being test fitted and sorry still dont have any pics of the other parts still all in boxes i will try my best tomorrow

first post updated
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

gauge pod looks good alex,
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Sweet!

Start intalling everything everynight untill 4 AM, and somewhere within a month or two you'll be set.

I drove around with no dash for a week as I was installing the electronincs. Not being able to sleep because I was thinking the entire night, of the wireing diagrams of my G. Going over load predictions, oil line routing, intake/exhaust plumbing and AFR tables while I should be sleeping. Compleatly submersed in turbo/mecanical/ECU therory.

Getting that lost in something proves the love for it...

Congradulations and have fun!

TGC Regular
    Did you have any problems going from a 2000 ecu to a 2003? I 'm hunting down ecu pinouts to see is the pins match or not. I kept getting a error whenever I tried to read either ecu. After doning some searching, I think my cable may be bad but I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by mtcavity1 View Post
    Sweet!

Start intalling everything everynight untill 4 AM, and somewhere within a month or two you'll be set.

I drove around with no dash for a week as I was installing the electronincs. Not being able to sleep because I was thinking the entire night, of the wireing diagrams of my G. Going over load predictions, oil line routing, intake/exhaust plumbing and AFR tables while I should be sleeping. Compleatly submersed in turbo/mecanical/ECU therory.

Getting that lost in something proves the love for it...

Congradulations and have fun!
    Well I would love to work on my car over night but that's not possible since I don't have a garage and I don't wanna get in trouble with the neighbors

I hope installing everything shouldn't take a month or 2 and I know it won't just happen in one day either but I can use ur help with the ecuflash and few things

Quote Originally Posted by remarque View Post
    Did you have any problems going from a 2000 ecu to a 2003? I 'm hunting down ecu pinouts to see is the pins match or not. I kept getting a error whenever I tried to read either ecu. After doning some searching, I think my cable may be bad but I'm not sure.
    I haven't installed anything yet and I have been following ur thread to see whats the problems that u r running into
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

I have mine in the G all the time, so hit me up at the next meet and we'll try a ROM pull.

TGC Regular
    Whenever you get the ECU flash cable try to read your ECU. If you can read yours then there might be hope for me.

Quote Originally Posted by mtcavity1 View Post
    I have mine in the G all the time, so hit me up at the next meet and we'll try a ROM pull.
    i'm the same way as well. always double-checking the fuel maps through ECUFlash :?

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial

With the 1999-2000 it is hit or miss. There has been some work into getting the 2000 and earlier ECUs to initialize and dump their ROMs, but have not been very active in the ECU studies and will need some time to dig around.

You guys have been waiting a F&^ken eternaty for an answer to the ECU flash, and with the GSX/GST would be in tuner heaven....

they say you can read the ecu's with the H8 processor but you can not reflash them you need atlatest version 1.31 to do it tho... its posted in the description of release 1.31

# read only support for H8/539 based mitsubishis - flashing disabled due to lockout problem
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

ok I'm gonna start with my noon questions

How do I hook this wideband up ?? I mean all these extra cables are scary and I'm kinda lost and don't know where to start
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast