The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Looking for a high output alternator...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 23 of 23
    Quote Originally Posted by wittydrewy View Post
    just take the load of the alternator and use batterys. If you have the money use the optima batterys and run them in a series. Or be like everyone else and get capacitors.
    i have a cap and a battery but im pushin 2000 RMS watts on my sub and 800 watts on my highs

Quote Originally Posted by Trevs56 View Post
    ALTERNATORS HI-AMP (for stereos): i only really know of 3, ohiogen.com, i believe u can order one for a dodge stratus (01-05) from powermaster or there is a guy who specially makes them i can recommend that i found on this website named Dominick Iraggi. word of pre-caution, hi-amp alternators for our cars are super expensive, they run from 400-800 bucks from what ive seen. what u can also do is take your stock alternator to an electrical shop an have them respin it. thats the most cost effective. our stock alternators spin at 90 AMPS. i was quoted $250 to respin my alternator at 140 AMPS an they will attach a smaller pulley so it spins faster at idle. the 170 amp alternator on the bottom of the pic youll see in the powermaster website i believe is the one that is an exact match to our car. although its for an 01-05 Stratus, the stratus had the 4g64 engine in those model yrs. its a lot of money though. the part numbers on the right of the pic u can take to autozone where they have powermaster parts and theyll give u a price on each one of those numbers. theres 3 part numbers, each one just corresponds to different casing finishes w/ chrome being the most expensive.

http://www.ohiogen.com/index.html
    http://www.powermastermotorsports.co..._high_amp.html

Irragi alternators
    n/a
    LaVergne TN
    Phone: 615-287-7991
    Email: [email protected]
    Contact Name: Dominick Iraggi
    thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by hellk4t View Post
    I do not know about that :X but welcome to TGC! :)
    thanks i like this

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12