The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Looking for a high output alternator...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 23

Looking for a good alternator...

Hey im looking for a high output alternator for my 02 Galant. Im putting some high performance audio into my car so ill need more power. If anyone knows where i could order one for just let me know, thanks....

I do not know about that :X but welcome to TGC! :)

Black '02 2.4L ES ~ TGCLI

Looking for a good alternator...

Hey im looking for a high output alternator for my 02 Galant. Im putting some high performance audio into my car and need more powe. If anyone knows where i could order one from just let me know...Thanks

Looking for a high output alternator...

Hey im looking for a good alternator for my 02 Galant. Im putting some high performance audio into my car and need more power. If anyone knows where i could get one from just let me know...Thanks

TGC Regular
    An alternator? For high-perfomance audio?
    I don't know much about alternators.. but don't people usually just get really good batteries?
    'o4 Acura TL: Dynamic ;; AEM | P2R | Falken

Sound.Vision.Soul // Drive.Drift.Dream

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by komodo View Post
    I don't know much about alternators.. but don't people usually just get really good batteries?
    you power comes from your alternator, not your battery.

the jobs of the battery are to start the car and smooth out AC ripples coming from the alternator, along with giving the electrical system additional power when it draws too much.

edit: and i would also like to know where to get a higher watt alternator

TGC Regular
    Why is there two of these threads in two different forums?

ohio generators or iggi alternators search on yahoo for them
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fliegendaffe View Post
    you power comes from your alternator, not your battery.

the jobs of the battery are to start the car and smooth out AC ripples coming from the alternator, along with giving the electrical system additional power when it draws too much.

edit: and i would also like to know where to get a higher watt alternator
    Hmn. I learnt something knew.. I thought the alternator just helped recharge the battery from dying out or something like that..

Hmn. I learnt something knew.. I thought the alternator just helped recharge the battery from dying out or something like that..
    yes, it does charge the battery, but that is only one of the primary functions of the alternator.

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    that i know of there is no alternator with higher amps what u gotta do is to have ur alternator re spooled to a higher rating so u can get the higher rating alternator also try our search button it does wonders i know this has come up alot
    03 I4

here ya go, i wrote this one a while back. this should lead u to some alternators

ALTERNATORS HI-AMP (for stereos): i only really know of 3, ohiogen.com, i believe u can order one for a dodge stratus (01-05) from powermaster or there is a guy who specially makes them i can recommend that i found on this website named Dominick Iraggi. word of pre-caution, hi-amp alternators for our cars are super expensive, they run from 400-800 bucks from what ive seen. what u can also do is take your stock alternator to an electrical shop an have them respin it. thats the most cost effective. our stock alternators spin at 90 AMPS. i was quoted $250 to respin my alternator at 140 AMPS an they will attach a smaller pulley so it spins faster at idle. the 170 amp alternator on the bottom of the pic youll see in the powermaster website i believe is the one that is an exact match to our car. although its for an 01-05 Stratus, the stratus had the 4g64 engine in those model yrs. its a lot of money though. the part numbers on the right of the pic u can take to autozone where they have powermaster parts and theyll give u a price on each one of those numbers. theres 3 part numbers, each one just corresponds to different casing finishes w/ chrome being the most expensive.

http://www.ohiogen.com/index.html
    http://www.powermastermotorsports.co..._high_amp.html

Irragi alternators
    n/a
    LaVergne TN
    Phone: 615-287-7991
    Email: [email protected]
    Contact Name: Dominick Iraggi
    Last edited by Trevs56; 04-08-2008 at 06:18 AM

just take the load of the alternator and use batterys. If you have the money use the optima batterys and run them in a series. Or be like everyone else and get capacitors.

Is respinning an alternator something that can be DIY?

That would be too freaking easy.

OR

What if I made a custom mount for an alternator out of a different car, (my Dodge)?

check out this site...ive ordered from them and installed a few

http://stingerelectronics.com/

may b a little expensive but there awesome...i installed a DUAL alternator in an escalade...it weighted like 50-60lbs and was a bitch but it stopped dimming lights and power loss...good luck

Quote Originally Posted by lavie2k9 View Post
    Is respinning an alternator something that can be DIY?

That would be too freaking easy.

OR

What if I made a custom mount for an alternator out of a different car, (my Dodge)?
    dont no how easy it is to respin an alternator. i no its bascially just replaceing the insides with a coil that flows more higher flowing current an changing the diameter of the pulley on it to spin better at idle but i dont no if u wanna do a DIY project go for it. show us pics on how it comes out.

yea but sometimes thats not enough, so u would get an alternator, but everywhere i look i cant find one stong enough

Quote Originally Posted by yeddy2201 View Post
    yea but sometimes thats not enough, so u would get an alternator, but everywhere i look i cant find one stong enough
    wrong. if you drain you battery then you alternator has to work harder anyways now to recharge what was used of the battery

Quote Originally Posted by Lomo2117 View Post
    check out this site...ive ordered from them and installed a few

http://stingerelectronics.com/

may b a little expensive but there awesome...i installed a DUAL alternator in an escalade...it weighted like 50-60lbs and was a bitch but it stopped dimming lights and power loss...good luck
    thanks imma look into it

Quote Originally Posted by fliegendaffe View Post
    wrong. if you drain you battery then you alternator has to work harder anyways now to recharge what was used of the battery
    a cap

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast