The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Suicide Trunk Kits

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 21
    RyzNatch

Suicide Trunk Kits

anybody gotta kit installed on their car?? i ordered one off of ebay and its on its way to my house as i speak. the guy said it would fit my 97 and that on a scale of 1-10 it would be a 5 to get it in. just curious if any of u done it and if so could u post pics, they look tight in pics

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Its not hard at all. Just have a friend help you take off the trunk lid and put it on. Thats the hardest part really.
    7g for life!

RyzNatch
    tiiiiiight - its coming tomorow or saturday. cant wait.. nobodys got them round here so im fuh sho' gonna show it off like none utha

uhm i don't know if the kit includes it or not but don't forget to get soemthign to hold the trunk lid in its stock position also. the reason i say that is if you don't have that, the trunk can be pryed open easier from the side that is closes to the rear window. nad yea, taht can lead to things getting stolen and stuff liek that, just a lil security thing

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

RyzNatch
    what exactly would that something be that holds it in the stock position. i am unclear on what u are saying.

like a latch or something...

Just out of curiousity, how much did you pay? I know you can get the same parts at Menards for about $8.

RyzNatch
    ARE U KIDDIN ME??? i only paid $18 which includes shipping...what exactly can u get from menards that would do the same effect? hmm it seems that i have been hosed

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RyzNatch)</div><div class='quotemain'>ARE U KIDDIN ME??? i only paid $18 which includes shipping...what exactly can u get from menards that would do the same effect? hmm it seems that i have been hosed</div>

you've been hosed. just wait for the kti and se what it entails...you're gonna laugh

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

it's some triangular hinges and a latch and some screws with shitty instructions. look at the archives of the old board and you'll see.

I didnt wanna say anything but I did the trunk mod myself for a total of $3.50

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NycTrini)</div><div class='quotemain'>I didnt wanna say anything but I did the trunk mod myself for a total of $3.50</div>

Me too...... sorry Ryz
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

I saw that kit on ebay after we talked about the flip trunk mod here on the old board..

You DID get ripped.. I bought the parts for like$4.00 , and I still havent done the mod.. maybe I should sell my "kit" on ebay..

2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

RyzNatch
    that bastard....well i hope he injoys the money he made off of me. guess i'll ask around here next time i think i see an amazing deal on ebay :evil:

:!: Be leary of private auctions that don't list the buyers ID. They typically do this on anything that is a serious ripoff. More often then not people will email you if they see you are buying something that is BS. Since the buyers are watching each others backs. The sellers have to keep their names (of the buyer) safe from people who don't wanna see you get ripped off.

bottom line- If you wanna bid on something that is a private auction, do some research or ask on this board. More often then not, private auctions are not to protect the bidders identity, they simply protect the sellers wallet!
    You gain knowledge through learning not by increasing your post count...please search

RyzNatch
    I got it today and yeah u guys were right. that stuff looks like it would cost $5 at menards. i got jipped but anyway i tried installing it but the screws are like welded into the trunk lid...i tried screwdrivers and wrenches but couldnt get them to budge. would a heat gun/blowdrier loosen up the screws?? thanks for the help ya'll

WD40 maybe. Get it all lubed up.

MitsuMan
    they had a sale at home depot today so i bought the trunk lid mod for 1.50$, should i sell it for 50$, no wait, im not a prick

bmxpert1
    what exactly does a trunk lid mod do?

MitsuMan
    well first off it adds 35hp to your car by making your trunk more aerodynamic, then it procedes to give you boost, kinda like a turbo for your rear axl, hahaha, im just BSing, the trunk lid mod is a cosmetic mod that "tricks out" your trunk lid, it is basically adding 2 hinges to your trunk lid in order for it to open diffrentlyCLICK HERE TO SEE]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast