The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What to cover??

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    blackphantom

What to cover??

okay. i have been wanting to clean out my engine. what are some good engine degressers that i can get? also if i do clean it out what things do i need to cover up? i know for sure that i need to cover the intake filter but what else do i need to do. don't want to miss something and then not have the car start up.

When i clean my engine, i cover up air filter where i have a SRI. Then i go over the motor to make sure all the plugs are plugged in securely. Then i use a typical degreaser on my motor. Have on all my cars and never had ANY problems. The degreaser i use is called mean green, you can get it from the dollar store, walmart, family dollar ETC.
    02StratusRT and 00EclipseGT

the sparg plugs! tell u by experiense XD

-Mitsubishi Galant LS 1994 a/t [ SOLD ]

I've washed my engine bay a few times with simple green without covering anything up and no problems so far. Any engine degreaser will work. Just don't do it with your car parked over a surface you don't want stained.

Try not to blast the crap out of the alternator or the belts. If you hit the belts then you may cause them to squeel and if you hit the alt to much you could fry it. but a little bit of water shouldnt hurt either. Just dont blast them full force with a hose.