The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 6G75 Questions

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    Injected

6G75 Questions

There is a theory that the 6-speed transmission from the 4G will bolt up to the 4G64. Now, if it does bolt up, can I use the ECU from the 4G or 9G?

wtf?
    i think you might be confused... 6g75 is 3.8 liter v6.

wow........

i don't even know how to moderate this thread.......

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Injected
    Answer the first question and you will see where I am going with the 6G75. I know that it is a 3.8 V6 and it is in the 9G.

So you want to do a 6g75 swap and keep your old tranny or somthing?

i dont know if it fits but i doubt it... and even if the tranny did fit, i dont think this swap has ever been done so good luck!

TGC Regular
    Anyone else lost?

Injected
    The is a thread about the 8G DOHC head swap on Club3G. In the thread it states that the 6-speed transmission from the 4G Eclipse might bolt up to the 4G64 engine.

I would like to swap the 675 and keep my transmission. Is that possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Injected View Post
    The is a thread about the 8G DOHC head swap on Club3G. In the thread it states that the 6-speed transmission from the 4G Eclipse might bolt up to the 4G64 engine.
    No one to my knowledge has attempted this swap, you'd be the first to even attempt this. So, really do not be surprised when no one is sure what you are asking.

There is also this thread from yahoo apparently a few years ago that says you cannot use the 4G Eclipse 6-speed and the 4G64. https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...6172144AACkr7O

In fact it suggests using a EVO 6-Speed which is known to bolt up to a 4G64.

6g75 powered galant, no way! That would be crazy.... Probably easier to buy a Galant with one in it already especially an 8G, shouldn't be hard to come by on craigslist.

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk