The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 94 galant 5spd swap help

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    1gdsm

94 galant 5spd swap help

96 galant 5spd tranny with mt trasmistion mount
    clutch pedal,master cyl ,all the clutch line and slave cyl
    like chit overdrive
    and i know i need da flywheel and clutch kit ,just wondering if the 2g dsm flywheel and clutch will fit?

can some 1 let me know ,whats i missing or whatever parts that i need to get my 5spd runin
    g car

yes you can use the 2G stuff but only the FWD (95-99 GST)

clutch is the same and flywheel is the same. you can even use the eclipse tranny if you wanted too

tranny
    mounts
    shifter assembly
    shifter cables
    pedals
    master cylinder
    slave cylinder

there is a tutorial in the 7G section at the top as a sticky

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

1gdsm
    thx KILIO ,here the list off parts that i have
    96 galant tranny ,tranny mount,shifter and shift cable clutch pedal,clutch master +line and slave cyl
    thats all parts that i have right now and i know ill need a flywheel and clutch kit i think i can find it around here WICHITA,KS will the 2g dsm flywheel and clutch work with galant trany?

if u see that i missing any parts to make the car run plz let me know

thz again
    Last edited by 1gdsm; 04-12-2008 at 07:27 PM

i'm running a 97 eclipse GST fidanza flywheel and fidanza 2.1 clutch kit

my galant was stock 5spd, but i bought better parts when the clutch went

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Experienced TGC Member
    Here ill add my .02. here is exactly what you need (if i leave anything out sorry)

. 2g or 7g tranny
    . clutch master(new-
    . clutch slave(new)
    . clutch line (from master to slave)
    . Shifter assembly
    . 5 speed brake pedal assembly
    . 5 speed clutch pedal assembly
    . 5 speed front perch
    . 5 speed side perch
    . 5 speed side mount
    . 5 speed front roll mount
    . 5 speed starter (brand new)
    . 5 speed shifter cables
    . 5 speed starter plate (or you can mod your auto to make it work)
    . clutch
    . flywheel
    . OEM throw out bearing (very important) slow boy racing sells them for like 32 shipped
    . brand new axle seals

I do believe thats all of what you need.. There might be a few odds and ends that others recommend but you get the point. Ill give you the link for the clutch/flywheel combo that i bought from ebay. i run it in my 7g my ex runs it in her 2g turbo.. Its not a bad kit for the price unless youre making serious power. The flywheel is 11.6 lbs and it isnt made out of aluminum (no offence to you fidanza guys) and best of all its all one piece. You may find a better deal you may not. You may have someone say it isnt worth a shit.. You may not.. To each his own. Everyone is entitle to their own opinion. But i highly recommend it and ive ran it in 2 cars like i say and im not a granny driver!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/F1-ST...spagenameZWD1V

Make sure when you buy it that you tell them its for the 7 bolt 4g63t FWD.. If not they wont ship untill you tell them.

Anyways.. good luck!

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Just get a stock Turbo clutch for the 2G part# 0619027 beckarnley. Trust me when i say it does the job.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

1gdsm
    something was coming up mke me so confuse i've a set of centerforce stage 2 clucht kit was bought it long time ago for my 1dsm awd but da 1g put out close to 500hp ,so centerforce wont hold that ,i changed with a set of ACT 2900
    my96 galant 5spd tranny havnt put in the car yes,so i try to put the clutch disc in the input shaft its fit right in there
    its make me think the awd 1g also work for the galant too dont know i might be wrong
    my question is : if i can get me a 7bolt flywheel ,will the awd 1g clutch work for me?
    im not going to put any power to it try to make it work for now untill have the money for a 2.0 head and turbo

Don't know for sure if the AWD 1g Clutch kit will bolt up to a 7 bolt 2g Dsm Flywheel but try it out I guess..

Just wanted to add , Don't forget the longer bolts needed to attach the 7bolt flywheel to the crank. The autoamatic ones are too short.. Think seth just did an update in this section on a tranny Install... Search around...
    ---||| 97Galant, E3 16G, Safc, 5spd,Drifter Body |||---

1gdsm
    thx you all u guy about info but i fixed my overdrive after the OD clutch kit install
    its gonna be stick shift when i have a 2.0 head and turbo

thx again guy