The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: seat belt reminder

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 32

seat belt reminder

hello everyone, I recently just bought an 05 galant LS and have not been able to figure out how to disable the seat belt alarm. Can anyone tell me how/ if it can be done? I do not see anything in the owners manual about it.
    Thanks

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    Simple.. put the seat belt on

just cut the connector and twist the wires together. seal it with a wire nut.

done.

Wear your seatbelt.

But it is gay how the pasenger light will stay on all the damn time even if you are the only one in the car.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

All I Did Was Unplug The Sensor Under The Seat And It Never Comes On Again ... I Did That With My 02 Galant And 95 Civic Back In The Day :-)
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

in my legacy, all you had to do is click it in and out about 20 times really fast and its disabled the noise
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    how about you just wear it? not that hard. and OBVIOUSLY it would NOT be in the owners manual. THEY WANT YOU TO FUCKING WEAR IT

people can be idiots. my dad complains about it too. well i dont want to find him in a hosiptal one day bcuz his dumb ass went out the window. yes hes been driving 100+ for years but you can be the best driver and still fuck up.

Like the others said, just wear the seat belt. I don't know how other states are, but in Oklahoma, the OHP are really cracking down on seat belt violaters and will pull up next to your vehicle while driving to look in your window to see if you have it on.
    sig too big

wear it.

and don't disconnect the cable under the seat or you'll get SRS (suplemental restraint system) light on your dash that won't go away without going to the dealership and having them clear it. thats with just about anything that as to do with airbags/seatbelts or sensors/lights/indicators for any of those systems...experience talking.

SOLD.

Quote Originally Posted by dusthead View Post
    wear it.

and don't disconnect the cable under the seat or you'll get SRS (suplemental restraint system) light on your dash that won't go away without going to the dealership and having them clear it. thats with just about anything that as to do with airbags/seatbelts or sensors/lights/indicators for any of those systems...experience talking.
    ITS BEEN OVER 8 MONTHES SINCE I DISCONNECTED IT AND NO LIGHT...
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

Experienced TGC Member
    Fuck seatbelts

yea... people who dont wear seat belts are who FUCK the insurance compaies for the people who do.

just bcuz you want to die doesnt mean we need to have higher bills for your sorry asses

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 99 galant View Post
    yea... people who dont wear seat belts are who FUCK the insurance compaies for the people who do.

just bcuz you want to die doesnt mean we need to have higher bills for your sorry asses
    My non-seat belt wearing ass aint the reason for your higher premiums. You can thank the previous generations of reckless young male drivers for that.:p

i know that lol

anyways its funny how he hasnt posted back yet.

99' galant, actually many manufacturers put info in their owners manuals so that if u want to disable ur seatbelt warning you can. I undertand the risks of not wearing a seatbelt and dont really give a shit about what ur dad says, i rarely doubt that hes been driving over a hundred years and if he has im sure his driving is more of a risk than me not wearing a seatbelt. Also i think its rediculous to think that me not wearing a seatbelt drives up your insurance premiums. I am only 20 years old but I drive repsonsibly, I dont speed and ive never been in any type of accident.

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sambo89 View Post
    99' galant, actually many manufacturers put info in their owners manuals so that if u want to disable ur seatbelt warning you can. I undertand the risks of not wearing a seatbelt and dont really give a shit about what ur dad says, i rarely doubt that hes been driving over a hundred years and if he has im sure his driving is more of a risk than me not wearing a seatbelt. Also i think its rediculous to think that me not wearing a seatbelt drives up your insurance premiums. I am only 20 years old but I drive repsonsibly, I dont speed and ive never been in any type of accident.

I disabled my reminder, but I always been wearing my seat belt since I was a kid, especially since I've been in 2 accidents where my seat belt saved my life.

99' galant, actually many manufacturers put info in their owners manuals so that if u want to disable ur seatbelt warning you can. I undertand the risks of not wearing a seatbelt and dont really give a shit about what ur dad says, i rarely doubt that hes been driving over a HUNDRED YEARS and if he has im sure his driving is more of a risk than me not wearing a seatbelt. Also i think its rediculous to think that me not wearing a seatbelt drives up your insurance premiums. I am only 20 years old but I drive repsonsibly, I dont speed and ive never been in any type of accident.
    first, i said 100+ FOR years. as in 100+ MPH for years. and you not wearing a seatbelt is just fucking stupid. WOAH YOUR 20? omg even fucking dumber. all YOUNG kids think they drive RESPONSIBLY, yea im 17 and i know that im not a great driver bcuz even at your age your still not a good driver. I know i try to drive safe, i usually do but we are still young. we dont have all the experiance. so wear the fucking seat belt you fucking idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by fliegendaffe View Post
    I disabled my reminder, but I always been wearing my seat belt since I was a kid, especially since I've been in 2 accidents where my seat belt saved my life.
    they do say that seatbelts can ruin a life too but seriously, 99% of the time they save it.

this guy is a dumbass

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 99 galant View Post
    first, i said 100+ FOR years. as in 100+ MPH for years. and you not wearing a seatbelt is just fucking stupid. WOAH YOUR 20? omg even fucking dumber. all YOUNG kids think they drive RESPONSIBLY, yea im 17 and i know that im not a great driver bcuz even at your age your still not a good driver. I know i try to drive safe, i usually do but we are still young. we dont have all the experiance. so wear the fucking seat belt you fucking idiot.

whoah, cool down buddy

Dude Just unplug it under your seat.

Dont get pissed at people when you as a dumb question. I think that a 9yr old could figure out that there is going to be a plug on the seatbelt clip!

Last but not least dont start shit with people that have more credibility then you on a forum when you have two posts! You will get permabanned really quick.

I call for a lock thread he got his info and now this should be locked so we dont have to see bickering!

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

I understand you have a choice, and yes you can unplug the sensor under your seat.

Sambo, what you'll find it's often not you that's the problem, but other drivers who find their way into your cabin at high speeds. Trust me, I had to be cut out of my first ride after someone ran a red light and hit me at full speed, pushing me into the path of another car that also hit me.

Hell if I had the choice, I'd strap myself in with a five-point harness :)

Good luck to you mate.

WWW.OZVR4.COM, the home of Australian VR4 Legnums and Galants

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast