The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: looking to lower my car.... with limited funds.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Showing results 61 to 80 of 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Da_silvagride View Post
    Not to offend anyone here, but just pick a set of springs its not rocket science. Find a set that is in your price range and buy them.

Here are a list the brand of suspension components you can buy for 8g:

Springs ($)

B&G
    Tein
    Eibach
    Progress
    Sprint
    H&R
    Megan racing

Coilovers ($$)
    Ground Control
    Skunk2

Full dampers ($$$)
    Tein basic or Super Street set-up
    Megan 32 way full adjustable
    JIC

Just google these items: by manufacture and brand see who sell em and then you can find the best price.

Talk to "Wesellcarparts" on the vendor forum he will help you out.

The look you are trying to achieve will be with Eibach Prokit and Tein. * buy the AGX shocks and your good to go.

If you wonder if any of the products you find will fit just search the forums there many discussions on suspension and fitments.

Hope this helps clarify the whole decision process.
    U do realize that he said he wants to spend only $300 ?? So he can only buy springs for now
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Does he need to buy it now? If he saves it up within a month or two he'll get what he wants.

yeah he doesnt wanna wait cuz his wife don't want him to spend big amounts at one shot so a lil amount here and there
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    ^ someone was selling a vogtland spring not too long ago. If I were you, I'd buy it since it's in your budget.
    thats g spot for listening... what do u guys think of thouse springs? I have never heard of them before..
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

Quote Originally Posted by spdracr View Post
    yeah he doesnt wanna wait cuz his wife don't want him to spend big amounts at one shot so a lil amount here and there
    only you and g spot are paying attention to what i am saying... Back in the days i would pour thousands into my car, (i iwsh i could) but now I can only do a little at a time, she is pretty cool though i did just drop 1,000 on a paint job for my g
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

Quote Originally Posted by guynlidia2006 View Post
    she is pretty cool though i did just drop 1,000 on a paint job for my g
    Ah-ha! The plot thickens! She's cool spending the $1k but afraid you may spend more afterwards. That's what she's afraid of. The Vogtland spring/strut combo is still your bet so far.

Option1: buy some used springs from the club 3g and buy new AGX shocks. thats what I would do if you want everything all at once.
    www.club3g.com the eclipse springs will work on the 8g but the spring rates are different. Some brands maybe the same. (again search and you will find more about it on TGC and Club3g)

Option2 : If you shocks are fairly new then I would suggest just going with the Eibach pro kit it won't lower the 8g too much (1.2 in the front and 1.0 in the rear), so you can ride with the stock shocks. "However do buy the shocks before they blow or soon as you get the money." Overall, it will set you back atleast 250 -350 depending on where you get them from. Verses the teins and other brands that drop lower than 1.5" will require you to buy shocks asap.

Check out B&G lowering springs as well.

TGC Regular
    i am sorry but you are hard headed, if you do not have the money just save up and do it later, don't be so impatient, everyone has told you what brands to go with, and you keep telling them "how about these?".

I know the car does not look so hot without the drop but atleast she is driving, its better getting the best drop then getting a cheap drop and paying more to fix it when it brakes

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevs56 View Post
    Kyb Gr-2s' are basically stock Galant struts with "Kyb Gr-2" written on the side pf them. i would know, i had a set of them. there about as garbage as u can get. there not much of an upgrade at all over whats on the Galant stock as is. its just a way of saying "hey look new struts with a nametag". there not made for lowering a car. the Kyb AGXs' are but not the Gr-2s'. best thing is to order a set of AGXs' for an 00-05 Eclipse. theres always deals on AGXs' on ebay or even a few websites as well.
    I know that. But this guy is looking for CHEAP parts. Whats cheaper? The GR2's? Or AGX's?

just buy my shrunk2 with kybs agxs for 300 shipped. They only have 20k on them
    I say whats on my mind. Dont like it dont read my comments.

im surprised no one posted these yet

http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main...products_id=11

just let the guy ride around with springs and blown shocks. its not like we didnt warn him. He rather look good than think about the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by galantsleeper00 View Post
    just buy my shrunk2 with kybs agxs for 300 shipped. They only have 20k on them
    Well, there you have it. Those AGX should last another 40K before changing them so by the time that happens, you probably have the funds to replace it. We gave you all the help you could possibly wanted and with that offer, my friend, is your "money shot".

/Thread

check here:
    http://www.raceinspired.com/showSect...nufacturerID=0

Not sure if you get free shipping. Tein doesn't really make coilover for our cars but we could use eclipse's counterparts.

Edit: The cheapest way to lower your car is by photoshoping it. I did mine and never been happy LOL.
    Last edited by jhendra83; 04-18-2008 at 02:13 PM

Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    Well, there you have it. Those AGX should last another 40K before changing them so by the time that happens, you probably have the funds to replace it. We gave you all the help you could possibly wanted and with that offer, my friend, is your "money shot".

/Thread
    i dont have a galant anymore. So i really want to get ride of the suspension stuff. I got pics if your intrested just pm me.
    I say whats on my mind. Dont like it dont read my comments.

99galant is right. i had a set of cheap coil overs and they were on my car for about 8hrs i drove it once and took them off. the car sat two low and the ride was horrible. plus if you are going to lower your car i would look to getting some eibach's or teins. 1.5" drop at the most. Dont go cheap when it comes to stuff like this, you will create more problems then they are worth.! All IMO

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Galant306m View Post
    99galant is right. i had a set of cheap coil overs and they were on my car for about 8hrs i drove it once and took them off. the car sat two low and the ride was horrible. plus if you are going to lower your car i would look to getting some eibach's or teins. 1.5" drop at the most. Dont go cheap when it comes to stuff like this, you will create more problems then they are worth.! All IMO
    we all have said the same thing to him but he doesnt wanna listen to us so I just don't seem to understand why is he asking for our opinions then !!!!!
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Quote Originally Posted by spdracr View Post
    we all have said the same thing to him but he doesnt wanna listen to us so I just don't seem to understand why is he asking for our opinions then !!!!!
    lol my wife says the same thing... says i ask her opinion then do the oposite. I value my fellow galant owners opinion, which is why I ask. So i am thinking the agx struts and the pro kit.. I just want the best i can for the best price possible. If i have to spend more than 300 its ok, but i dont want to spend more than I have too.
    Mods:

ok so i ordered new struts/ with new mounts... ordered kyb gr-2's... so far spent 400... so i am looking for a link for some good springs, like the pro kit or tein for a good price.... I am leaning toward the pro kit, anyone have coupon codes?
    Mods:

I Ordered The Tien Lowering Springs. For 168 Shiped Using A Coupon Code I Found Here... Looking To Spend 300 And Ended Up Spending About 600.... But My Wife Gave In, She Said Will Ordering That Make You Shut Up About Your Car... :-) She Knows It Will For A Moment...
    Mods:

Tein*
    Mods:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234