The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: looking to lower my car.... with limited funds.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 80
    um ok well why did u start this thread anyway??
    if u did ur homework you would already know
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................

I Started It Because I Wanted Other Opinions, Is That Ok With U?
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

wesellcarparts.com
    megan coilovers.
    done.

Quote Originally Posted by guynlidia2006 View Post
    which will give the best stance, megan or tein? i want it nice and even... with no fender gap
    if ur asking this question u don't understand what they are. they are both coilover dampers w/ adjustable ride height springs. you can infinitely adjust the ride heigt of both from just a little lower than stock to about -4"... so which one gives the best stance? both or either or neither if you wanna go lower than 4".

Limited budget don't work when it comes to stuff like this, coilivers are expensive butvthey worth it and springs are cheap and worth it don't get no ebay coilover kit or knock off springs, be patient and save ur money and get the coilivers, and if u decide to get springs then upgrade ur shocks

How much r u looking to spend ??
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

300... I See In The Reviews Alot Have Used The Eibach Prokit With Stock Struts... What Do U Guys Think?
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

stock struts wont last with lowering springs too long. Especially if the sturts already have a lot of mileage on them
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Quote Originally Posted by dknight3 View Post
    wesellcarparts.com
    megan coilovers.
    done.
    OK SO WITH THESE IS IT A EVEN DROP WITH NO REAR SAG?

http://www.wesellcarparts.com/store/...idproduct=2475
    Mods:

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    the rear will sit about even with the front, if you have stuff in your trunk ie a system etc it will sit lower and sag if its heavy...definatelly dont use those or any other drop springs without a/m shocks/struts though they will just blow out and teh ride will be terrible, just wait till you have enough money to do it right, otherwise you will have to redo it and spend even more money

Well I Work At Goodyear, So Lift Time Is No Problem, I Am Just Gonna Lower It Down Till I Get The New Struts... Let Me Take A Poll.. Eibach Prokit Or Megan Springs?
    Mods:

so u gonna buy springs and install them with stock shocks then blow those and buy a set of aftermarket shocks and then redo the whole procedure again ?? That's just a waste of time
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

not really, i enjoy doing the work
    Mods:

besides the wife bitches less when i do things in steps ... less money out of pocket at once...
    Mods:

I say save money and do it all at once I had my car for six months before I dropped it so just be patient
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    ^ labor free 8)
    lol and since i am the service manager i may not even have to do the labor...
    Mods:

just keep in mind that if lower it "even", it still won't look even. what i mean is if u drop the front and rear the same amount, the front wheel well gap will still look bigger since it is actually bigger. to get the car to look like the wheel well gaps are even, you have to drop the front a little more than the rear... that could account for the rear "sag" u think u are seeing.

look at my car carefully; the front is actually dropped more than the rear but it looks "even" since the wheel gaps are about the same:

estimated drop is around 3.25" front, 2.75" rear. the only way to acheive this look is w/ adjustable springs or full matched coilovers (or bags)... my setup: TEIN SS-P, INGALLS camber correction kits front and rear.
    Last edited by Reelax; 04-14-2008 at 01:25 AM

if your going for looks and want coilovers the cheapest id go with is skunk2 or ground control coilovers
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar22 View Post
    if your going for looks and want coilovers the cheapest id go with is skunk2 or ground control coilovers
    yeah but both of those will blow stock shocks pretty quickly. if ur gonna go that route, get GROUND CONTROL and KYB AGX or even GR2, and don't drop more than 1.5" (AGX and GR2 are not short body dampers like those that come w/ matched coilovers like TEIN and MEGAN, and will blow much sooner if u drop over 1.5").

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    basically JUST like i said before everyone. a performance mod like this you need to save up for. its not worth buying the cheap shit, and then it going bad and having to spend more expecially if your wife doesnt want you to spend alot. my gf bitches about my spending on the car, its not her money tho. but when your married money is usually shared. do it right for LESS money in the long run

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast