The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Mi Vec

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

Mi Vec

i want to know this can i do what this guy said he did

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/434549

No he is a noob, and dosnt understand that MIVEC only works with two cams. So he fails plus VTECH and MIVEC has a second set of intake butterflies.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

oooo ok because i was like hell nuh he couldnt do that just with playing with the ecu

There is more to it then people think and most people dont understand how it works and why it is nice to have!

1996 galant s

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Galant306m View Post
    No he is a noob, and dosnt understand that MIVEC only works with two cams. So he fails plus VTECH and MIVEC has a second set of intake butterflies.
    I guess youve never seen a SOHC vtec head. It can work on either 1 or 2 cams

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow19 View Post
    so what you saying is you see or hear it have been done ?

Experienced TGC Member
    Basically im saying he is giving you information that is WRONG. I HIGHLY doubt that you can do it to your galant.. There is a shitload of work that needs to be done. Research it. I dont know much about it but i do know that he just lied to you when he said it has to have 2 cams to work. Ive personally disassembled a 1.6 MIVEC motor and man... Its so complicated its not funny. That guy probably had his cam modified to open his valves longer or what have you BUT its def not MIVEC so he is full of shit as well. And he SAID he uses a MIVEC ecu. Im sure if he DOES the car will hit fuel cut for whenever the MIVEC kicks in for that specific ECU.... So to make a long story short. Dont waste your time researching it for how to do it on the 4g64 SOHC. Im sure it cant be done. Though you can get a different cam or have yours modified...... If anyone knows something i dont know about it please fill me in.

pretty much what muh boi here said is.. 2 waaaaaaaaaay different engines.. 2 waaaaaaaaaaay different ecu's not compatible nor reasonable to do ..

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow19 View Post
    Yeah witch obviously you have no idea how it works either. the D16 from Honda is technically not vtec its only vtec compatible. meaning you can use the vtec engine management on the motor. There is no vtec with that motor.
    Last edited by Galant306m; 04-14-2008 at 07:58 PM

1996 galant s

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Galant306m View Post
    Yeah witch obviously you have no idea how it works either. the D16 from Honda is technically not vtec its only vtec compatible. meaning you can use the vtec engine management on the motor. There is no vtec with that motor.
    Wait.. What.. Dude.... WTF........ If you use vtec engine management on a non vtec motor.. It will not run right in the higer rpm range where vtec normally kicks in.. Ask panda.. Its been proven in his HB. So WTF are you talking about dude? All vtec is a difference in cam lobes (its a little more technical than that) wheather or not its 1 or 2 cams it can still be done.

lol.. this dude is a idiot lol.. d16 z6,y8,zc sohc are vtec heads.. just like your mivec the lobes on the cam profile for a vtec correspond with the rpm rage that the ecu sets when a certain rpm is hit the vtec silinoid on the head shifts the lobes to a higher lift.. to get more power.. please before you act like you know.. make sure you really know thank you. if you want pictures of a real vtec i'll show you... :D

it's for sale btw.. if you want to buy it.. ;) cost ya 30$ for the cam put that in your car and try to make it work.. lol.. might be able to beat a honda lol

now if your talking about the type of engine i have that is a jdm d16zc dohc that isnt vtec that is because the profile of the cams are statinary the a6 also has statinary profiles on their cams. also the d16a1 is a dohc from a 88-89 integra that isnt vtec either.. they do not make a d16dohc vtec head.. only singles buddie,

b-series is the only engine type that produces vtec on all of their heads i think.. but if you want to know for sure i can help you with that .

oh forgot to mention.. you can not put a vtec cam into a non vtec head so what we do is called a frankinstine like putting the sohc vtec d16z6 head onto a d16a6 block.. and then using a chipped pm6 obdo ecu or using the vtec pm7 zc obd0 ecu to run the engine.. if in doubt google it out homie
    Last edited by panda; 04-15-2008 at 03:52 PM

the more i think about it. it would be cool if i could hear that when i hit 4500 but never mind it

OVer here most Hondas got VTec but that dosnt mean that the engines dosnt rev that high and got the hp. And they got soch heads s...
    Take this f.ex, a norwegian ordinary granny car

The ones with high output are called I-Vtec

so no mivec motor as far as we know can be use in a older galant