The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Cold weather causes gauges/odometer to not work?

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Cold weather causes gauges/odometer to not work?

I recently purchased my 03 GTZ in California, drove it home to Seattle. After a few weeks I began to experience my gauges not working and my odometer off when I would start the car in the morning. The only thing that fixed it was to slap my dash slightly and they would kick in and start working. This happened a few more times, always first start of the day, and always at or below 40 degress.

Has anyone experienced this? If so, what can be done to prevent it?

And don't say move to warmer weather ;)

its probally a plug that eventually loosened up because of the heat , so take the guage pod off an d inspect each plug on the pod and clean with a q-tip , let dry then re-install the guage pod , and maybe you might want to tape the loose connection to the housing just as a precaution.

Hey, im in WA too.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Stock gauges or do you have overlays?
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT View Post
    Stock gauges or do you have overlays?
    All stock, I just bought the car about a month ago. I considered changing the gauges out for some white faces or one of the styles on ebay, but i'm not convinced i'll like them better (I dig the stock look at night). Besides that, I would like to stay as original as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by dknight3 View Post
    Hey, im in WA too.
    I haven't seen too many Galant's in the area that have mods. I'm thinking about doing a 5sp swap out, have you done anything like that to yours?