The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: yay slipstreams : recomend me good tires for 16x8 wheels

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 23

yay slipstreams : recomend me good tires for 16x8 wheels

hey guys. I just spent more money on 16" wheels then I ever imagined I would. well, these came in the mail today.

so now I need a good set of tires and some help with sizing for a 16x8 wheel.

so.. does anyone know a good proper size tire for a wheel thats 16x8 . my car is lowered pretty hard too. so I don't want something that is going to be so fat that it rubs.

also any recommendations for a good kind of tire. or where to get good prices etc.. would be great. any help would be awesome. thanks guys.

light weight for the win !!!!

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    nice.

they look good

some 225/50 or 235/45 should do the trick
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

lookin good
    8g tranny is being rebuilt and waiting on ground control coilovers
    7g is just sitting motor and tranny is out(need to finish, just lazy)
    6g (vr4) motor is out getting the good stuff like a gt4088 and some more stupid stuff.
    Nice to be back!!!!

thanks ! any tire recommendations people ??

falken azenis ftmfw!

in 235/45 or 225/50

I didn't know they came polished like that! that looks good!

I envy you! I wanted slipstreams but I can't now since we cant have two close to identical silver 8G's running with the same pair of shoes!

take LOTS of pics though! It should look good. I'm interested on how the polished rim will look
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

what's the offset and how low are u dropped?

Bridgstone Potanzas are great tires.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

put them on already I want to see the first 8g with slipstreams always wondered how they would look.

hopefully they will be on soon. I'm waiting for my tax return so I can afford tires. thanks for the recommendations so far guys.

Reelax: they are offset et48 and my car is lowered with kyb agx and intrax springs. which give me a pretty aggressive drop. i dont know the exact numbers. but with my 18x8's i was millimeters from rubbing. but never did rub. because of the -camber and bit of a stretched tire.

Quote Originally Posted by Galant306m View Post
    Bridgstone Potanzas are great tires.
    im gonna agree with 306 right here, best tires i ever owned

Quote Originally Posted by bigbluetotoro View Post
    hopefully they will be on soon. I'm waiting for my tax return so I can afford tires. thanks for the recommendations so far guys.

Reelax: they are offset et48 and my car is lowered with kyb agx and intrax springs. which give me a pretty aggressive drop. i dont know the exact numbers. but with my 18x8's i was millimeters from rubbing. but never did rub. because of the -camber and bit of a stretched tire.
    are u planning on camber correcting and rolling fenders? if so u can fit FAT tires on those wheels! for reference, i have +48 19x8.5 w/ 235/35zr19 and i am very close to rubbing the wheel to suspension in the rear but w/ camber correction, it just clears (and i am probably dropped about an inch more than your intrax/AGX combo)... so ur 16x8 should be fine.

going by the tire size of what's on my car, if you wanted the meatiest tire that will fit, try 245/50r16 Eagle F1 GS-D3. these are the same tires (different size of course) that came OE on the 2006 FERRARI F430. 245/50r16 is a little bigger than the stock tires diameter but it will fill your wheel wells (mandatory rear fender roll though, but not camber correcting will give you just about enough clearance to the fender) and look MEAN as well as handle well enough to be on a FERRARI. a more conservative fitament would be 225/50zr16... these i know will fit w/o any problems. do not go w/ 235/45zr16 (does anyone even make this size?) as this would be too short, but 245/45zr16 is just about the same height as 225/45zr17 so that should be a good choice too, but the EAGLE F1 GS-D3's do not come in either of these sizes anyways (although some other tires do).

Last edited by Reelax; 04-20-2008 at 07:22 AM

awesome . thanks thats a lot of good info. I'll make a decision on what I'm gonna buy when I get the money. I cant wait to get these on.

I lucked out. like really. I got 4 brand new Nitto Extreme tires in exactly the size I needed for $25 a pop at my community yard sale!! really was not expecting that. they were tires for some guys Porsche and he was going to put them on this summer. well anyway. long story short. I got them mounted and balanced. and put on and they looked perfect. couldn't ask for a better fit. well then I go to drive off and hear SKKKKRRRRAAAAPPPEE. think aww hell. then eventually figure out that because the wheel is so wide (16x8 for those who weren't paying attention) and obviously smaller then my 18x8s that fit good. the inside lip of the wheel was rubbing on the edge of the control arm and peeling the lip off. -_- yay. well an angle grinder and 5 hours later. its riding good. only the inside tire rubs a little bit if I turn the wheel to its max. but still drivable. and I think I managed to keep the structural integrity of the control arm too. most of what I ground down was metal overhang on the edge of the arm. anyway. I'll have pics up later. looks good though.

I dont know if I'm more excited than you, but damn I cant wait for those pictures!!!
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

whats th eoffset on those wheels? where are the pics?

I'd do 235/45's that'll protect the rim with hard corners and give you enough cushion to protect the rim from holes :P I've gone with the pzero's on my old lancer and autocrossed with them, they were awesome, or go Kumho or toyo...

So what size tires did you end up getting from this yard sale?

I got 205/55 they fit perfect! I'll get pics up soon. but My hard drive is breaking and I'm having big computer issues so it may take a few days.

I'm confused as to what your rim was scraping on? Was it the front or the rear? I have 18x8's with a +48mm offset and have no problems. I don't see how a 16" rim would rub unless it was on the brake calipers.

And those tires are the same as stock, so they shouldn't rub. My tires on my 18's are wider than yours and again, I have no problems.

If it was scraping in the rear, perhaps camber correction would have fixed that instead of grinding things down? I do have a rear camber kit, but I still have about -1 degree of camber to keep from rubbing the fenders... well that was with my old rims. I highly doubt I'd rub on the fenders anymore with camber set to 0.
    Last edited by Danger DANJ; 04-30-2008 at 12:20 PM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast