The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: yay slipstreams : recomend me good tires for 16x8 wheels

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 23 of 23
    Its hard to explain. because its not a normal rub. I was not expecting this at all. my last wheels were 18x8 and they fit fine. but imagine the same width of the wheel but shrinking it a bit to 16. now think of how the wheel will look from above. and how the control arm connects to the suspension in the front. then turn the wheel as far as you can to make the left front turn to the left. now the inner lip of the wheel hits the back edge of the control arm because the wheel is so wide. where if it were the 18" wheel it would clear it easily. I'll post up photos once I get through my hard drive drama. then you'll see what I'm talking about.

heres a picture of what I'm talking about. the orange paint in the upper left, is where the wheel lip is rubbing at full wheel turn. you can even see shavings of my poor poor wheels all over the tire.

but they look damn good :)

Holy crap! Next time I jack up my car I'll have to take a look and see how close my rims come to the control arms. Well, they do look good though. I like the color of the lug nuts too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12