The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: AMG Galant

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19

AMG Galant

Has anyone seen any AMG Galant engines here in the states?

on eaby thats pretty much it
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Very hard to find...I mean very hard to find. Why are you interested Greg?

You are referring the the AMG 6th gen Galants right?

They were N/A DOHC 4G63's that were tuned to make a little bit more power than the standard N/A 4G63's.

What mostly made the AMG 6th gens standout was the that AMG had made specialy "smooth" side body moldings, front and rear bumper, REAL wood interior pieces, wheels, and the 3 piece spoiler (which I have on my Galant VR4 ).

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

You know, I saw the engine, and PCM on ebay for $3000, and it got me wondering why the steep price. That sounds like a decent engine. Too bad they didn't make it in the US.

why did AMG decide to tune a galant? im pretty sure its the only non mercedes theyve ever tuned
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Who cars y they did just knowing that they did is cool lol. What did they make for numbers on the tuned 4g63??

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Quote Originally Posted by PogiGreg View Post
    You know, I saw the engine, and PCM on ebay for $3000, and it got me wondering why the steep price. That sounds like a decent engine. Too bad they didn't make it in the US.
    Thats a bit too steep for a N/A 4G63 motor..but its a true AMG tuned 4G63.

Actually the AMG Galants are just super rare overall..I believe a little less than 2000 were made in the world. I believe the only other more rare 6th Gen Galant than the AMG version is the Galant VR4 Monte Carlo Edition after the world famous Monte Carlo rally event.

Monte Carlo Galant VR4
    http://vr4.nitor.co.nz/monte.html

Not sure why AMG decided to put their name on the 6th gen Galant..but during its day the 6th Gen Galant was way ahead of its time and was winning awards left and right for its technology, all around quality and performance.

The AMG n/a 4G63 produced around 170hp which I believe the standard n/a 4g63 only made 150ish. (I could be wrong)

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    I belive at that time AMG was not a part of mercedes but an independent Tuning Company

Dang. That spoiler bears a striking resemblance to the Talon/Laser/Eclipse spoiler. Weren't there Galant GSX's?
    1997 Volvo 850 T5

There were Galant GSX's...n/a DOHC 4G63's and all wheel drive. They are rare too and not many of them exist today because Mitsu only sold them for a short time..halfway through a model year and they sold all of them. Mitsu decided to import the Galant VR4 as GSX were selling just a little be less than what GVR4's did and also give more performance appeal to their vehicle lineup as they had the 1g Eclipse and the 3000GT at the time.

I know a guy who is selling the ECU for $500, but you build a replica of AMG engine. The AMG does produce 170ps and the N/A 4G63 produce between 140 to 160hp depending on the market it was sold.
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Wow, thats a real a Galant history lesson right there, LOL!
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Wow galants they have pretty much been everywere lol
    If you don't got the pocket, then don't try and rock it

Quote Originally Posted by 716GalantES View Post
    Wow galants they have pretty much been everywere lol
    The Galant has been Mitsubishi's bread and butter for many years and in its early days it was a bred to be infused with sport car performance and has been Mitsubishi's flagship for awhile as their choice vehicle in their lineup for new technology. If you Wiki "Mitsubishi Galant" you will some history on it.

The Galant VR4 was the first car to have a 4G63t and it was Mitsubishi's rally warrior before the WRC changed rules and Mitsu had to go with the smaller Lancer to which the "Evolution" was born. The 8th gen Galant VR4 was the last Galant to be "sport car" based, it had AYC (Active Yaw Control) before the Evo. Since then..the Evo has been Mitsu's choice as their representative performance related technology.

The amg engine has 170 hp and the original dohc engine as the gs,gsx,gsr had 135hp until 1991, then 92 they made it with 145 hp

2003 MITSUBISHI GALANT GTZ

AMG Galant's have valave timming diffrent than regular VR-4 galants.

AMG also tuned Mitsubishi's older WTF car called DEBONAIR

I shit you not.

Quote Originally Posted by 4-G-rim View Post
    The Galant has been Mitsubishi's bread and butter for many years and in its early days it was a bred to be infused with sport car performance and has been Mitsubishi's flagship for awhile as their choice vehicle in their lineup for new technology. If you Wiki "Mitsubishi Galant" you will some history on it.

The Galant VR4 was the first car to have a 4G63t and it was Mitsubishi's rally warrior before the WRC changed rules and Mitsu had to go with the smaller Lancer to which the "Evolution" was born. The 8th gen Galant VR4 was the last Galant to be "sport car" based, it had AYC (Active Yaw Control) before the Evo. Since then..the Evo has been Mitsu's choice as their representative performance related technology.
    Only just saw this now.

The A164A Galant and Eternas were actually the first Mitsubishis to get the 4G63T, back in 1980. The Starion then got the 4G63T in 1982.