The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Wheel sanding question

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar

Wheel sanding question

If I wanted to strip primer and some old paint off of a wheel and get it back down to bare metal, is sandblasting the only option? Anyone have a sanding machine of sorts I could use? I tried sanding by hand but the rivets in the spokes are still easy to see..

I was recommended this so far:
    http://www.crashsupply.com/cgi-bin/c...egar343gr.html

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    media blasting is the best way. for wheels they would use either a glass bead or plastic bead for a wheel. typically sand blasting is more abrasive and removes more material. its fairly inexpensive. I had all my Intercooler pipes and downpipe bead blasted and cleaned with mineral spirits for $50. The only downside to doing it on wheels is you need to dismount the tires which is an added expense.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    I'll have to inquire about media blasting. My wheels are off the tire as it is so that's not an issue. I just want to make sure EVERYTHING is off the wheel, and it's down to bare metal and smooth/ready for new primer and paint. Thanks for the info