The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2009 Mitsubishi Sonata...lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 21

2009 Mitsubishi Sonata...lol

lol you cant say Mitsu. doesnt look like the sonata just a tad...anyone agree???

Front

Rear

I still think it looks more of a Honda Accord than a Sonata...

Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    Front

Rear

I still think it looks more of a Honda Accord than a Sonata...
    yea that too...i remember when this sonata first came out...i thought it was a honda!!...mitsubishi really needs to step their game up....not only do they have to worry about accord and camry, malibu is back in the game also...but i honestly think that the galant will be the next one to catch eyes, just like the malibu did....accord is nice, camry is boring...this is the perfect time for a major redesign...

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    what sucks is i loved the tails on the original 9G and now I hate these new ones. It makes it feel too much like a boring car or something, kinda like the Camry

If you get it dropped, add stylish wheels, and a front lip kit with sides (if they ever make one), what you get is an amazing product. And with the creativity level on this board, there is a chance that it might happen.....

Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    what sucks is i loved the tails on the original 9G and now I hate these new ones. It makes it feel too much like a boring car or something, kinda like the Camry
    i completely understand where you are coming from...i've seen the 09 galant in person and im not going to lie and say it doesnt look good b/c it does....it just seems like the design is something that Mitsu. wouldnt do...its to toyotaish...it should be more sporty like the lancer

When the 9g was first introduced in the summer of '03 there were many folks (including myself) on TGC that viled the initial design of the product. Note that it was only the design aspect, not the performance/ comfort capabilities where the 9g accel the most. It took a liitle while for (most of) us to sink in the 9g to develop ways to improve the styling as well as the performance. Other than Mitsu designing the sexy Ralliart model, a TGC affiliate Import-Trendz design the first commercial body-kit made avaliable for the 9g. Later on, several TGC 9g folks designed FG/vinyl eye lids for the headlights, well as creating a FG front lip kit. If it weren't for ideas like these and the 4G eclipse parts, the 9g would of seen a darker future.

But of course, is that the kind of future we want for the 9.5G?

If Mitsu wants to keep selling Gs in the states they need a revamp, why not have the designers of the Lancer or Outlander take a stab at the 10G.

Quote Originally Posted by mitsu_vic View Post
    If Mitsu wants to keep selling Gs in the states they need a revamp, why not have the designers of the Lancer or Outlander take a stab at the 10G.
    that is a perfect idea...if they dont do something, galant will sadly and slowly vanish from the states

Doesn't look like a Sonata at all to me.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    Doesn't look like a Sonata at all to me.

i was focusing more on the tails when i called it that..

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mitsu_vic View Post

I totally agree too. I remember the days when the Galant just looked like a bigger version of Mirage. If they brought back this type of designing, I know that a Galant that looked like tha bigger Lancer/Evo would most definately sell over here. But I think that Mitsubishi is aiming for the "Grocery getting" family car crowd with the 9G's design and just marketed the Lancer/Evo to the performance sedan market. But they need to realize that unless your under 30 and don't have a family, you need/want something bigger. I stopped by the dealership to price an 09 Ralliart edition Galant and they told me $32K!!! Sounds like they smoking that good stuff.

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    wtf happened to the Galant design.. dam.. aren't they gonna sport that zts or whatever concept that was they had months ago.. dam man.. no real redemption with that design right there..

I like the rear end of the Sonata better. lol. The front of the Sonata reminds me of an older style Lexus.

*blinks*

huh? wha...? Sorry, distracted by high-split skirt.

WWW.OZVR4.COM, the home of Australian VR4 Legnums and Galants

mitsubishi needs to change their design i dont like these new looks is just so boring. i like how the older galants have the more agressive look

2000 Galant ES 2.4L

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Mitsu usually releases a total redesign after 4 years of a model production..but the current 9g Galant is going on its 5th year model run. I mitsu is doing this for a financial move and hopefully putting some thought into the next Galant chassis, which usually Mitsu multiplatform chassis.

Every Galant chassis is used in the Eclipse since the early 90's and just recently with the 9g..the Mitsubishi Endeavor uses the Galant chassis platform. Hopefully there are putting some thought, planning, and engineering into the next Galant. This might mean a next Galant that will give the Accord, Camry and Altima a run for its money.

The new design is just a update design change to give the car a bit more appeal and maybe sell units till the next totally new Galant comes out. Basically...Mitsubishi is just buying itself some time.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    let's hope so..... damit! i mean c'mon mitsubishi... the altima came with a cpmpletely new trendy design... accord seems like it changes design every freakin year, and tbe camry is consistent as always. what happened to mitsu galant?? dam, they better come up with something for the 10th.. i can wait another 4 years...

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    I hope so..the midsize market is a hard market to compete it especially with the cars like the Camry, Accord, and Altima and suddenly the Sonata is taking pieces of midsize segment. The 6g was the last time Mitsu dominated the midsize segment...it won Import Car of the year by Motor trend and among tons of other awards worldwide. Since then the Galant hasn't made "noise". The 9g was a great attempt..its definitely stepped up in quality and refinement, but just didn't make that big of a impact.

Mitsubishi can build a quality car...its just they need to make better decisions on excuting to build a better car.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

I believe there was a sale on the tails, just seen a Kia with matching ones.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast