The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: From Australia, BuzzPuppy's JDM Super VR-4 Legnum 8G

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 64
    We were in definite two minds about the respray on OZVR4 and yes, having the black kit is one of the "features" of a Super VR-4. There are actually three Super VR-4 owners in the club and maybe five known existing examples in Australia out of the 800 worldwide. So I actually put it up to a vote on the forums, with 90% of the community saying "yes". Also, "Mitchy" (OZVR4 member) kept his Super VR-4 kit black, so we could have two different examples of the car. The other guy, "Just Plain Nuts" has the EVO-style front bar and is also colour-coded but that was the way it came from Japan.

"Mitchy" and I brought ours over at the same time from Japan. He kept his kit looking stock and it's in great condition but mine was very scuffed and weather-worn.

Here are some links to Mitchy's car:

http://www.ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214&page=7
    http://www.ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214&page=8
    http://www.ozvr4.com/forums/showthre...?t=214&page=11

-Mitchy's Super VR-4 in Western Australia

"Just Plain Nuts" can be found here:

http://www.ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1550

-Just Plain Nuts' Super VR-4 in Queensland

I'm also a fan of anonymity, so I do value the "Q-Ship" factor as well :)

Goku, I did see a red Super VR-4 four years ago in Auckland, NZ (was in Wellington, NZ last weekend for a mate's wedding actually!) and it was awesome with the two-tone look (black bodykit). Also, if you're also a member of www.clubvr4.com, another of your NZ brethren, "Osiris" had a fantastic modded Super VR-4 with the numberplates "VR FOE" which is also worth checking out.

Cheers for all the feedback though guys.
    Last edited by BuzzPuppy; 04-21-2008 at 09:34 PM

WWW.OZVR4.COM, the home of Australian VR4 Legnums and Galants

Oh yes, the interior!

I don't have a photo, so I'm borrowing one from our forum. Yes, it's very RED and this is how it comes from the factory.

TGC Regular
    Yep, I'm also a member of Club VR-4 :D

Mitchy's car looks nice and clean. There was a red super for sale on trademe a couple of days ago, and I agree, that is the best colour for the supers.

That evo style kit is called a vouge kit btw, I like the way it makes the VR's look.... gives it a meaner profile.
    1994 Galant VR-4 GOKUH ( 230kw atw )
    2000 Legnum VR-4 ( Daily, 155.5kw atw )
    1997 Legnum VR-4 - Yes Another one
    1995 FTO - V6 Mivec 200hp

bradc
    Goku - I really have to disagree with you on the Super VR-4 kit!

IMHO the unpainted black looks cheap and nasty, like how on all those low end cars with their unpainted door handles and side mirrors where they don't paint parts to make it cheaper.

Colour coded looks so much nicer and the whole car looks like it was 'designed' rather than when the kit is unpainted and stuff is just stuck on, it looks like a cheap nasty ricer car.

TGC Regular
    The kit is painted though, it's a gloss black

looks good. nice car. nice work getting her back together
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

car looks hawt after the body work and the paint. And maybe it is intended to be black but the key is to be different. if everyone has a black painted kit on their car wont a color matched one stand out more? I think so.....
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Experienced TGC Member SleekGTZ's Avatar
    Wow, very nice.
    I like the color matched kit instead of the original black color. Looks 10x better in my opinion...
    Last edited by SleekGTZ; 04-22-2008 at 10:57 AM

they difinitely did a great job at the shop, great Legnums!

*heh* you'll find that on OZVR4 we don't have many Galants at all, our members mainly having Legnums. I think we appreciate the extra boot space (and the fact that there aren't many Galants to import at all!).

Well, I de-badged the car except for leaving the VR-4 on the rear and on the front and as an added bonus, the car had arrived with clear side indicators. The only thing I didn't colour-code in the front bar was the fog light surround, leaving them black so it appears just like the other vents in the front.

Best part is that the vast majority of Aussies have no idea what these cars actually are, so they do get a bit of a surprise when you take off at the lights :)

those things are badass, one day ill have one here in america
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    i want your front end. engine and all

Serstylz2, you sure you don't want some of the back end stuff as well?

(not the wagon's ass, more like what's under the floor pan like the AYC good bits) :D

Actually, I've been browsing through the Members' Rides... are there any USDM Legnum equivalents?

TGC Regular
    Bah, AYC is over rated :D

Give me a mechanical LSD any day.

Ivory8g: Only the super VR-4's have the black kit, so it won't be the same as everyone elses, in fact colour coding it makes it the same as everyone elses :P

Goku, it'll wear out eventually, no doubt about it... but until then :D

man, i envy you, i love legnums

JDM front covension Old style vr4,18"axis black seven mod,clifford alarm,egr rear window visor,kenwood unit 7"screen DVD,two tones paint job,3G strut bar , HID's.

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzPuppy View Post

Actually, I've been browsing through the Members' Rides... are there any USDM Legnum equivalents?
    Shit, I wish. I've been looking for a good wagon for a while now... I'm leaning towards a V70R AWD ... Meh, or just a Subaru Legacy, not for power, and MOST DEFINITELY not the Outback Edition, they are uglllllly.
    1997 Volvo 850 T5

I think your car looks great. I haven't been a huge fan of Legnum's before, but I think yours looks real nice. Good job.
    })({ Heather })({

- "If you never take risks, you'll have a wasted soul."

Distort, I was in the same frame of mind when I was looking for a wagon. Needed something with a bit more "oomph" but when the Legnums were made legal to import, NOTHING comes close to performance and features for the money (from AUD$12,000 - AUD$18,000) as long as you're willing to do some of the work yourself (maintenance).

Flutterbyfilms, we barely have any 8G Galants in OZ (maybe about ten or so?) but they're outnumbered 10-to-1 at least by Legnums :D ... it's all based on availability and a number of us have also crossed over from modified Subaru Forester GTs so are used to having the space. Hell, we've even had a member who sold his Honda S2000 to get into one of these Legnums!

You can also check those modded "GT Foz's" out at www.GTrydaz.com.

I've always loved wagons for their practicality and you do get some disbelieving looks as you whistle on by in something that looks initially like you should be transporting the kids in.

A number of mates are quite surprised when I tell them that it's a ten year old car, with most people thinking it's three to four years old ;)

Oh and just for laughs...

Cheers!
    Last edited by BuzzPuppy; 04-23-2008 at 08:15 PM

18/6/2008 (yes, day-month-year) Car Wash Meet last night... pretty :)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast