The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Venom-1000

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    Mank

Venom-1000

I just had a Venom-1000 N2O kit installed on my 2.5l Stratus V6 by Rich from DreamSpeed. The install is simple and didnt take long to complete. Unfortunately, I broke a bolt on the intake manifold so I have not had a chance to drive the car yet. I was expecting to take the car to the track on Saturday for some 1/8 mile times but it didn't work out. If the weather is good, I'll be back there on Saturday to give it a try. I have a SuperChips ICON that I will use to retard the timing when at the track. The most I will run is a 60shot. On the street, I have the timing advanced for basic performance, so it will only be a forty shot. I'll have dyno numbers soon after I can get the car going and the kit working. This system will also work for the Galant 3.0l V6 so I'll keep yall informed. And I would like to say thanks to DreamSpeed for helping with the kit. You can check my website for pics of the install.

Mank
    Well, I finally got the car running last night. The Venom-1000 kit is great so far. I've only squeezed it three times and I love it already. I like that the kit monitors an O2 sensor and will shut the system down if it gets too lean and an A/F indicator is included on the arming swith also. Another good thing about this kit is that the brain pulses each injector to deliver more fuel via a wire on each injector. I'll keep you guys informed as I use it more and use bigger shots.

Senior TGC Member
    We purposely run my car a little rich while spraying to prevent running lean...except now in cold weather it runs too rich.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Mank why didnt you go w/ the VCN 2000? you 'll have so much fun w/ the 2000! :twisted: ! up to how many shots is the 1000 anyways?
    myspace.com/xxxJ3ffReYxxx
    TEAM TGCLV
    TEAM DOWNFORCE
    LVEVO.org

rallifan:

do you have a wide band o2 sensor installed?

i mean, how do you really now that you running rich while spraying?
    Also, what upgrades did you do on your fuel system?
    Check out my ride at:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/djgalant

The only 8g west cost 4g64 Turboed Galant.

Senior TGC Member
    Nope, no sensor. We only know my air/fuel from my dyno runs. It consistantly runs about 10.2:1 by 5300 rpm till redline (well, all 5 runs with nitrous anyway). No fuel upgrades...my car is completely stock with the exception of the basic NX stage 1 kit.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Mank
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FastNFabolous)</div><div class='quotemain'>Mank why didnt you go w/ the VCN 2000? you 'll have so much fun w/ the 2000! :twisted: ! up to how many shots is the 1000 anyways?</div>

I didnt get the VCN 2000 because I dont have the $$$ and the kit would be overkill for this type of car. Plus I got the 1000 for $100 below retail so that played a role also. The 1000 goes up to a 100 shot but I'll never see that. It also includes shots from 30hp-80hp.

ralifan:
    how did they check your air/fuel ratio then????
    I mean from my dyno experience - all they use is wide band sensors and special equipment that connects to it. Also - usually dynojet equipment (like here in vegas) is able to mease air to fuel ratios from 10.5/1 to 17.9/1 - but u said it is 10.2:1. So I wonder if they hooked it up to your narrow band sensor to check your air/fuel ratio. Because if they did , then keep in mind that our narrow band sendors weren't meant to measure your air/fuel ratios at WOT for sure. I hope that they didn't use yor lambda readings ( your stock narrow band sensor reding and in your case it would be about .69) - cuz they are inaccurate, not to say they are false...Besides 10.2:1 is also hell of rich!!! As far as I am conserned - the best performance you can reach is at 12.6:1 air/fuel ratio (Lambda 0.86).

I mean i don't know - but with no fuel mods and N20, if i were you , i would get either bosch or ngk ( my favorite) wide band sensor and take it again to the dyno to check your ratio - cuz frenkly it is all about saving your engine...
    Check out my ride at:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/djgalant

The only 8g west cost 4g64 Turboed Galant.

Senior TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DJ Galant)</div><div class='quotemain'>ralifan:
    how did they check your air/fuel ratio then????
    I mean from my dyno experience - all they use is wide band sensors and special equipment that connects to it. Also - usually dynojet equipment (like here in vegas) is able to mease air to fuel ratios from 10.5/1 to 17.9/1 - but u said it is 10.2:1. So I wonder if they hooked it up to your narrow band sensor to check your air/fuel ratio. Because if they did , then keep in mind that our narrow band sendors weren't meant to measure your air/fuel ratios at WOT for sure. I hope that they didn't use yor lambda readings ( your stock narrow band sensor reding and in your case it would be about .69) - cuz they are inaccurate, not to say they are false...Besides 10.2:1 is also hell of rich!!! As far as I am conserned - the best performance you can reach is at 12.6:1 air/fuel ratio (Lambda 0.86).

I mean i don't know - but with no fuel mods and N20, if i were you , i Â*would get either bosch or ngk ( my favorite) wide band sensor and take it again to the dyno to check your Â*ratio - cuz frenkly it is all about saving your engine...</div>

Oh that's what you meant...I thought you meant do I use on at home Hehe I dunno how they measured it on the dyno sorry but that's interesting. I know for sure I'm running a tad rich with nitrous though because after every use my engine will flood (which is why I'm holding off nitrous use until I get the bottle heater).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mank)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FastNFabolous)</div><div class='quotemain'>Mank why didnt you go w/ the VCN 2000? you 'll have so much fun w/ the 2000! :twisted: ! up to how many shots is the 1000 anyways?</div>

I didnt get the VCN 2000 because I dont have the $$$ and the kit would be overkill for this type of car. Plus I got the 1000 for $100 below retail so that played a role also. The 1000 goes up to a 100 shot but I'll never see that. It also includes shots from 30hp-80hp.</div>

C'mon I have one in mine, & its not overkill
    Its like your girl right , you always want the best for them
    I think its gonna be hard to give mine up, when Norcal gets here w/ our project
    TEAM TGCLV
    TEAM DOWNFORCE
    LVEVO.org

[quote="FastNFabolous"]"I didnt get the VCN 2000 because I dont have the $$$ and the kit would be overkill for this type of car. "

C'mon I have one in mine, & its not overkill
    Its like your girl right , you always want the best for them
    I think its gonna be hard to give mine up, when Norcal gets here w/ our project
    TEAM TGCLV
    TEAM DOWNFORCE
    LVEVO.org