The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: clutch master cylinder install and headers

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

clutch master cylinder install and headers

hello i am installing a new clutch master cylinder and understand I have to bleed the line after the install, well ive installed it and now need to bleed and dont know where, i heard i have to bleed it at the slave cylinder , if someone could tell me where and how to do this i could have my galant back on the road

I also wanted to know if anyone knows there i can get relpacement headers for our cars? mine is a 95 and i have a crack in the header and cant find anything> anyone?
    :smt067

I wouldnt suggest to pump the pedal, although it has been done, but the best way is to get a compressor and blow thru a small hole on top of the cap of the clutch fluid tank. If it dowsnt have a hole - drill one. Youll need two people to do that - one blowing and one bleeding. The procedure is he same as when bleeding brakes.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    the slave cylinder is on the bottom of the transmission, on the front side of the car.

work in progress !

so can I bleed it at the slave cylinder on front of the tranny and pushing the pedal? im not really into drilling any holes, im not fully experienced with bleeding anything but im pretty mechanically inclined so hopefully this works out ! Anything on Headers at all ? thanks again guys !

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Bottum front of the trans is the slave cylinder, theres a bleeder valve on the slave cylinder.

1. Take a hose, attach it to the bleeder on the slave, run the hose into a bottle that has a little bit of fluid in it.
    2. Have somebody press on the brake pedal 3 or 4 times and hold the pedal down after the 4th push
    3. Have somebody elese open the bleeder, let the fluid drain, then close the bleeder.
    4. Repeat steps 2 and 3.

Make sure to keep the master resevoir full, if it runs out of fluid and you suck air in, you are basically starting from the beginning all over again. I use a clear bottle to catch everything in and bleed the clutch until I cant see any bubbles coming out of the line when I open the bleeder.

And if you dont have somebody to help you, get a speed bleeder at Autozone. Just have to open the bleeder and pump pump the brakes, easy as pie.

For headers, theres only one real company that makes them for the 7g and that is RPW based out of Australlia and they are hard to come by. If you can find a header for a 1g Non turbo DOHC 4g63 or a 2g non turbo Eclipse Spyder GS, those will fit. Any header for an 8g will bolt up to your head, just not sure on the downpipe/midpipe.
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    well, i would maybe push once or twice, and then fill the reservoir for the master cyl. i doesn't hold as much as the brake resevoir.