The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7G dash speakers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 26 of 26
    i said get a good set of components and it will sound way better than an 4'' set of speakers..... let me know when you replace your 4'' jl's with some diamond audio hex series or something nice.... (jl makes great equipment btw)

Quote Originally Posted by 7gftw View Post
    i said get a good set of components and it will sound way better than an 4'' set of speakers..... let me know when you replace your 4'' jl's with some diamond audio hex series or something nice.... (jl makes great equipment btw)
    lol if i cared that much more about this system i probably would have considered a set of components. all the speakers were purchased together for only $30 so in terms of value, no single set of components will beat that. this is going in my gfs car of which she doesnt even care much about anyway. she just needs new speakers and a decent deck, im even starting to think that amplifying her 6x9s is overkill haha..
    -Nico
    My Gf's 7G is my 2nd daily driver hehe

2003 VW GTI VR6 (my daily)

that could be overkill haha... and btw... there are no crossovers in the car... there are small caps on the 4'' speakers themselves, the speakers are paralleled so you can hook up either pairs or even both..... the fronts will just be at 2 ohms instead of 4 ohms

Quote Originally Posted by nico24vr6 View Post
    oh i totally agree wiht you on the ipod interface haha. i tested it by hooking the deck up to a car batt and i hated it. i plan to sell the interface and just get an aux cable for it.

definitely a nice setup for the price i paid
    i would personally keep it for the fact that you dont have to look et your ipod to change songs and that it charges so you wont run out of music on a long trip. but it is a pain to use sometimes

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Quote Originally Posted by 7gftw View Post
    that could be overkill haha... and btw... there are no crossovers in the car... there are small caps on the 4'' speakers themselves, the speakers are paralleled so you can hook up either pairs or even both..... the fronts will just be at 2 ohms instead of 4 ohms
    yea i had a feeling it would be that way, fortunately i have an amp for the 6x9s so i can just run teh deck rear channel to the door speakers.
    -Nico

Quote Originally Posted by Galant306m View Post
    i would personally keep it for the fact that you dont have to look et your ipod to change songs and that it charges so you wont run out of music on a long trip. but it is a pain to use sometimes

if it were me, id probably keep it too for similar reasons but i let my gf try out hte controls of the deck to control the ipod and she hates it a lot. it is way too much effort for her and she told me that she would much rather just control it off the ipod
    -Nico

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12