The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Team Mitsubishi Ralliart 380 (TMR-380), a supercharged 9G @ 310bhp from Oz!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Showing results 81 to 100 of 101
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Helotes View Post
    I sent you a PM.

Mine is a 2006 Liquid Silver

Better email me a photo because we have different names for the colours.

I suspect it may be what we call platinum

Here are the Australian 380 colours.

wow thanks for the hook up.. last time I had someone in Australia look into the rear visor and spoiler, the visor was $130 AU and the spoiler was $230AU.. i believe those prices were direct from a dealership.. i'd definitely be interested in a spoiler.. my Ralliart is Kalapan Black which I'm pretty sure Mitsubishi has used the same black forever.. shipping to area code 01960?

and i would be interested in some TMR parts as well probably down the road.. i contacted them to see if I could get a rear bumper but never heard back... doable?

Quote Originally Posted by Rayth View Post
    wow thanks for the hook up.. last time I had someone in Australia look into the rear visor and spoiler, the visor was $130 AU and the spoiler was $230AU.. i believe those prices were direct from a dealership.. i'd definitely be interested in a spoiler.. my Ralliart is Kalapan Black which I'm pretty sure Mitsubishi has used the same black forever.. shipping to area code 01960?

and i would be interested in some TMR parts as well probably down the road.. i contacted them to see if I could get a rear bumper but never heard back... doable?

BACK OFF I got dibs on the 1st spoiler. LOL

We could be the only 2 in the US with one. :)

I think the rear bumber would fit. I bet shipping on it would be super hight because of its size.

Shipping is reasonable if its surface mail....air is the expensive one.

I better start a new thread so not to clog this one up.

go here to get me to send bits to you from Australia.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...899#post521899
    Last edited by redblower; 07-11-2009 at 09:30 PM

anyone know where to buy this body kit?

IMMORTALIZED CUSTOMS
    Sid Mundo Production

Hey guys been over a year since i looked at this thread...a neads up on some projects.

The two of us guys in this thread that have the superchargers fitted also now have custom Limited slip differentials on our 380/9g auto transmissions.

Basically you get the quaife QDH7b ATB differential and have it machined to fit as well as re-splining the driveshaft splines.

The result is no torque steer no matter how hard you floor the pedal and both wheels spin...not just one at a time.

The traction is awesome.

Anyone needing more info just email me...not selling anything...just giving advice.

Also I have a forged 6G75 engine almost ready to go under the bonnet, it's about a week away from delivery to me.

Finally I have another project to update the TMR380 to...wait for it....

ALL WHEEL DRIVE on a 380/9G with supercharged performance.

Yes...the diamante bits almost fit straight on...just a bit of fabrication.

Here are some photos of various stages.....enjoy!

Am currently doing three projects with the 380.

(a) a complete forged 6g75 engine with CR of 8.5, intended 12-15 psi boost...nearly complete
    (b) a trial all wheel drive conversion using all wheel drive Magna components....semi complete
    (c) Limited Slip differential for the FWD auto...completed and running

Here are a pile of pics in some sort of order as posted on other forums.

Will add when something new develops.

I bought myself a car hoist for the garage at home...sure is useful.

Here's a precat with cover off....gonna cut him up....

steering just reaches....but needs extension...somehow???....but driveshaft fits and rotates perfectly

passeger side driveshaft just clicked in...but overall shaft lengths are a few millimetres shorter...but seem whithin specs of safety...

here is the new steering rack height...it has to sit above the transfer assembly...I dont want it under the cross member...

From rear exhaust bank flange to petrol tank....

Another view with heat shields removed.....so much clearance now....

Gotta wack the front with the bobcat bucket in the morning to straighten the chassis rails...else will never get the engine mounts back in...lol

Hopefully will just raise the body shell and leave all the heavy bits on the ground...?

Well finally with a bit of grinding to get the clearance for the transfer case....

She now has a place to plug a driveshaft to the rear wheels...

Having trouble with this intermediate shaft. (It slides in and connects passenger side driveshaft with transfer unit)

Does anyone know if I have it in backwards?

Or do I have to give it some persuasion to go in?

Getting the auto on while out of the car is a piece of cake...

But don't expect the support bar to fit under the much larger diff housing on the AWD...so it needs a love tap or some such,

(am still marinating the brain on whether to just grind it or not.)

The other big lump of metal of course needs a rework.

Definitely an engineering job for that...it's steering and all that stuff...beyond my panel beating abilities and clearly safety related, so we'll leave that bit for now and have a few beers.

Somethings missing.....lol

There it is....only takes a handful of bolts, about 15 minutes and the whole lot drops to the ground

What the hell...I can fit any damn diff I like into this thing, as long as the final drive is correct and the driveshaft lengths are good.
    Nah...easier to use the magna unit ...for now...lol

Here we go...let's get all this crap off for the forged pistons, rods etc....

Here is the firewall side bits...

The exhaust comes off as one piece if you are careful, not like the idiots who put on my extractors and dismantled it into a thousand jigsaw pieces...

Gotta get the crank pulley off...a wheel brace will do it, it turns anticlockwise to undo...just a belt with a rubber hammer and off it pops.
    You can't get the bottom timing belt plastic cover off without removing the crank pulley...theres a hidden bolt.

The water flows under the lower inlet manifold and its an O ring press fit....

Here is the crank angle sensor removed.......

You want Top Dead Center on the belt? Take note....

Notice the cam ends...that's where you fit your 6G74 distributor...

We all know the three holes on the head signify LPG hardened valves...what do the same 3 holes on the block signify?

Water pools in the "Vee" under the inlet manifold and rusts....might do something about that when it comes back....

Note the anti knock sensor in above pic...its under the lower manifold....
    This is the lower manifold...

Okay...let's not piss about...gotta get this started monday morning.....

This is where the cam pulleys need to be at TDC, note the white factory markings in above photos

So...as well as the crank pulley mark, you need the pulley marks aligned to the notch on the rocker covers.

basically...very hard to find TDc without rocker cover on...

The entire engine will be fully balanced, the crank is away being Nitride treated at the moment.

the man

the other man

6g75 sump showing baffles

more of the same

the block, no lip which is great

another view of the block

heads

another heads pic

old pistons etc, still perfectly serviceable.

oil pump mechanism

old and new piston comparison

another old and new comparison

The bolts are stamped ARP

kit of bits

another kit view, rings etc...rings are cast by the way, as per the stock rings

note the new rod's busihing, the pin is tapered inside to reduce weight.

Pauter logo

note the massive improvement in material mass

more ring views

rods again

where do you get it?

car was at a stop sign and a guy hit the front at 90 degrees and twisted it sideways.

Here is how we straightened the car's chassis frame on the farm.

It actually got it pretty damned straight!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQi_46wOzvg

they should of def brought this to the states, Mitsubishi be slipping on so many ralliart projects that would be big over here.
    Nobody built like u, u desighn ur self.

5spd swap
    full custom body conversion
    18x9 Works VS
    Big 16g evo3T next project

Quote Originally Posted by Predat-R View Post
    they should of def brought this to the states, Mitsubishi be slipping on so many ralliart projects that would be big over here.
    And this is the reason why....
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=35323

Love what your doing with your ride Red, I'll be following you closely and bringing this information up with the 4G guys, and the north american guys working on the 9G. :)

Cheers,

-M

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzPuppy View Post
    Hey everyone,

No, this ISN'T an April Fool's Joke :D

I don't know if y'all know about this, but the 380 (very similar to your Galant 9G) in Australia has ceased production. They have released this final model, a supercharged RalliArt with 230kW (approx 310bhp) and 442Nm of torque as well.

The article is below, and definitely worth Googling as well for more news.

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/432...mr-380-driven/

The article just in case the original article is gone:

Discuss and Enjoy!
    omg to sexy! car builders in the USA have no sense of modding wen it comes to a sedan! love that 9G

An updated pic of the GT now that it has extra supercharger cooling.

See if you can spot it.

that hood is siiiick looking. I love that color of red, too

Here is another scooped hood.

The car has had the supercharger taken off...and some special bits fabricated in its place.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast