The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Preventing car theft/break ins

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 40 of 40
    on the subject of ignoring alarms, no one ignores this one
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=57W5VZMIHu0

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    In discussing the new transmissions available for cars, my auto teacher told me this last week:

"There are very little people that know how to drive manual. If you don't want your car stolen... buy a manual"

and there you go :D

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    I'm usually deciding if I want to use my 12 gauge or AK when my alarm goes off. Most of the time is just cats jumping on the car though. I'd feel sorry for someone that would have the balls to get in my yard. I would not hesitate for a minute because it's my right to protect my family and I will do so, so don't give me an excuse to smoke you.
    i also have some heat 2 45s locked n loaded under my bed n I would not hesitate to protect my G
    03 I4

Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    In discussing the new transmissions available for cars, my auto teacher told me this last week:

"There are very little people that know how to drive manual. If you don't want your car stolen... buy a manual"

I'm surprised that the auto industry doesn't embrace the detachable steering wheel idea more.
    sig too big

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dwjp90 View Post
    on the subject of ignoring alarms, no one ignores this one
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=57W5VZMIHu0
    oh yeah, i remember seeing that when i went to my car electronics school!! i would put that in my car in a heart beat

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar

"There are very little people that Don't know how to drive manual. If you don't want your car stolen... buy a manual"

oops haha just reread what i typed. Fixed now

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    You drove by me today on 39th at around 3pm.

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    You drove by me today on 39th at around 3pm.
    Yeah, it rained last night and I had to get rid of some nasty rain spots at the car wash.:smt093 Were you in the red Galant?
    sig too big

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Yeah, My beat up G.

I4betterthanUR4

Retarded, if you know how to steal a car you know how to drive a manual.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Put up a dummy camera and point it to where you park your car at night.. (when applicable)

Experienced TGC Member glantv699's Avatar
    Leave absolutely NOTHING that someone might even consider stealing out in the open in your car. My faceplate was removed and in the glove compartment as these steps suggest but my remote was velcroed next to the shifter, sparked interest, and got my car broken into as you all know.

> TGCPA - SOUTHEAST
    > 2010 Evolution X SE #183 of 340 (1 of 54 in Octane Blue)
    > 1999 ES V6 (Sold 2/2011)

Very true, someone tried to steal my god fathers s10 and they only broke the window and once they saw it was manual they left it.
    No other damage besides broken glass.
    02 Galant GTZ stock
    00 S10 Bagged on 20's Suicide Doors 5 link and control arms, more to come!

lol um. I'm pretty sure you can tell if its a manual or auto without breaking a window.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Not if its dark out and the windows are tinted..

I think I'm the only one that is very HAPPY that they broke into my car, insurance estimated the damage at $4500, what I paid for after market equipments was $850 and what they estimated was $2800, plus new back seat (leather), and quarter window, CF bezel, center spaeker, grill. I put almost 3k in my pocket after fixing the cancerish spots.

Also my car didn't have any alarm nor any blinking led, but the 1st thing that the thieves (whatever you spell it) did was to remove the grill, open the hood from the latch and cut the battery cable.
    Last edited by rez887; 06-10-2009 at 12:43 AM

I4betterthanUR4
    bahahaha I think I have the cheapest out of all you guys. I bought one blinking red led and a battery pack at radio shack for like 5 bucks. Drilled a small hole in my radio bezel and hooked it up. Any real car jacker will know its fake and even an amatuer would just hit the car to see if it would go off but it helps me sleep a *little* at night. My old car, 95 accord got stolen right from the front of my house and they took the airbags before the cops found and also the window got smashed in so they could steal a $5 mp3 player i kept in the glove box and these were separate occasions. I'm currently working on a kill switch design that will be really hard to find. So they can break in and take my shit but the car isnt going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by I4betterthanUR4 View Post
    Retarded, if you know how to steal a car you know how to drive a manual.
    Whats retarded is bumping a thread thats over a year old to post absolutely nothing relevent to the topic at hand.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Quote Originally Posted by rez887 View Post
    I think I'm the only one that is very HAPPY that they broke into my car, insurance estimated the damage at $4500, what I paid for after market equipments was $850 and what they estimated was $2800, plus new back seat (leather), and quarter window, CF bezel, center spaeker, grill. I put almost 3k in my pocket after fixing the cancerish spots.

Also my car didn't have any alarm nor any blinking led, but the 1st thing that the thieves (whatever you spell it) did was to remove the grill, open the hood from the latch and cut the battery cable.
    That is the reason, why I have backed up sirene, and second battery for alarm with pager.
    Than windows are tinded and from outside I have film, that dont allow to broke the glass at all.
    The will have to tow it away...
    www.mitsubishiklub.cz
    Dream, as if you live for ever, live as if you will die today, the choice is yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon-and-his-mitsubishi View Post
    Than windows are tinded and from outside I have film, that dont allow to broke the glass at all.
    The will have to tow it away...
    Don't forget God created razor blade!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12