The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: headlamps

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17

headlamps

i was thinking about doing an HID kit for my headlights, but dont really know what i need...i know i can get a kit off of ebay, but do i need projectors with an HID kit or can i just keep my stock headlamps....i also read that i would loose the use of my highbeams, is this true(safe)...what if i need my high beams!?!?!.....anyone know of a good seller on ebay that i should buy from with reasonable prices...

Ok newb...i'll help you again before they tear into you! LOL

You just need the HID kit. make sure you get the right bulb size and then plug em in. Thats it. You do not loose use of the highbeams because ours are separate bulbs, 8G had high/lows (combo bulbs) and unless you specify you can lose your high beams. If you want HID in your high beams ..same thing just get the right bulb size and your set...just pick a temp rating

Good luck
    Last edited by evil-G-nius; 04-23-2008 at 05:59 PM

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

you can do a hid kit off ebay on your car. expect a lot of other drivers being blinded lol
    and as far as losing your high beams you wont lose them cause the 7g high beams and low beams are seperate lights. You just need to get a 9006 set for your lows. And if you wanted to do hids for the highs you will need another set in 9005
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Quote Originally Posted by evil-G-nius View Post
    Ok mewb...i'll help you again before they tear into you! LOL

You just need the HID kit. make sure you get the right bulb size and then plug em in. Thats it. You do not loose use of the highbeams because ours are separate bulbs, 8G had high/lows (combo bulbs) and unless you specify you can lose your high beams. If you want HID in your high beams ..same thing just get the right bulb size and your set...just pick a temp rating

Good luck

lol thanks...i might be banned by next month tho...lol

Quote Originally Posted by mrjaydeeone View Post
    you can do a hid kit off ebay on your car. expect a lot of other drivers being blinded lol
    and as far as losing your high beams you wont lose them cause the 7g high beams and low beams are seperate lights. You just need to get a 9006 set for your lows. And if you wanted to do hids for the highs you will need another set in 9005
    in order for oncoming traffic not being blinded i would need projectors....right??....last i checked that was custom work on a 7g

You dont need the projectors! If you want there is a thread that that explains how to do clear corners follow that! i got a set of projectors for mine and should have a titorial up when i put them in!

AND FROM NOW ON USE THE SEARCH TOOL!! MANY THREADS TALKING ABOUT THIS VERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    i have stock headlights with HIDs and people aren't blinded

Quote Originally Posted by fliegendaffe View Post
    i have stock headlights with HIDs and people aren't blinded
    lol how do u know

because my friends have passed me at night on a highway (not an interstate) in the country, thus no lights besides headlights

no matter what they tell you regular reflectors are not made to handle the intensity and bulb shape of HIDs making the light output glare and scatter. also an hid kit may give u a little bit more like but it will be so badly scattered all over the road in your USDM headlights you lose much of the benefits. IMO you should keep your stock bulbs until you can afford to retrofit projectors into your headlight housings. if that isnt your thing then there are tons of sites out there that will do this for you. ill help you out a bit

www.customlightz.com
    www.theretrofitsource.com
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar22 View Post
    no matter what they tell you regular reflectors are not made to handle the intensity and bulb shape of HIDs making the light output glare and scatter. also an hid kit may give u a little bit more like but it will be so badly scattered all over the road in your USDM headlights you lose much of the benefits. IMO you should keep your stock bulbs until you can afford to retrofit projectors into your headlight housings. if that isnt your thing then there are tons of sites out there that will do this for you. ill help you out a bit

www.customlightz.com
    going to have to say HID's deff make a diff.

i have had every 7G headlight with hid's. the only reason i blinded people was beause my drivers head was angled up from a little accident.

7G's with projectors are pointless due to the flutting in the lens. get clear lenses and then projectors make sense

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar22 View Post

www.customlightz.com

my HIDs span side to side just as much as my lights did before. the only difference now, is that the road is more clear and i can see even further down the road. so i would have to disagree with your statement.

Quote Originally Posted by fliegendaffe View Post
    my HIDs span side to side just as much as my lights did before. the only difference now, is that the road is more clear and i can see even further down the road. so i would have to disagree with your statement.
    i dont think that he is saying that you are going to loose out by useing a HID kit i think what he is trying to say is that you are not gaining the full potential that you would with clear lenses and projectors.! IMO he is right, put your hids next to someone who has clear lenses and projectors and you will se a big differance of light out put. The projectors really do make a world of differance.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

I disagree with Lonestarr as well. The HIDs are not scattered at all...I have USDMS also and they are a 1000x better that regular halogen bulbs. If you angle the lamps properly you will not nlind anyone. Besides, unless they are highbeamng you when you have your lows on....you have nothing to worry about!

Quote Originally Posted by evil-G-nius View Post
    I disagree with Lonestarr as well. The HIDs are not scattered at all...I have USDMS also and they are a 1000x better that regular halogen bulbs. If you angle the lamps properly you will not nlind anyone. Besides, unless they are highbeamng you when you have your lows on....you have nothing to worry about!

it shouldnt be a prob with the angle b/c arent they already angled for the halogens, so what would be the difference with hids...how is the light not scattered without projectors...isnt that what provides the sharp cut off line...and besides if someone does flash while my lows are on, i'll jus flash em back...lol

i can say my world spec headlights and 4300K HID's light the road up better than my 06' mazda 3 with projectors and factory 4200K HID's

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Quote Originally Posted by esking View Post
    it shouldnt be a prob with the angle b/c arent they already angled for the halogens, so what would be the difference with hids...how is the light not scattered without projectors...isnt that what provides the sharp cut off line...and besides if someone does flash while my lows are on, i'll jus flash em back...lol
    No no angle change per say with installing HIDs. Its just that sometimes changing the bulbs can disturb the position of the light housing. So sometimes they just need to be readjusted. Yes projectors have a little more focused beam, but not to say that our regular one "scatter" to the point of wasted light. The beam is still sharp, just not as sharp as projectors. When they say scattered beam they mean looking at them lit...you get more of the star effect.

Kolio...stop rubbing it in that you have world specs...bitch! LOL But he is right, the World Specs...even the one piece JDMs have a hell of a lot better light output