The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: So i just changed my

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

So i just changed my

Brakes..just finished changing them..i think my car squealing days are over but as soon as i go run an errand i hear that damn noise again..can somebody tell em what else i gotta do to get that damn noise out haha...thanks in advance

Did you change the pads only? or rotors too? how about your shims and guides? did you use brake quiet?

just pads..my rotors are fresh...i shoulda used that brake quiet....damn lol

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Yeah put anti-squeak past on the outside of the pads.
    7g for life!

did you us a ceramic brake pad ? our rotors and drums are made out of a material that is enginered to go with ceramic, also on the rear mine in the rear squeal a little when they are cold on the drums and rotors, is it the front or rear? if its the rear have the drum cut then use ceramic.it could also be the antirattle clip bent.

yeah im thinkin i am gonna put that anti squeak..im pretty sure its ion the front...thanks for your help guys

did u change all 4 corners or just the fronts?if just the fronts, did u check the rears? changing the front brakes won't make the squeaking go away if the rears are the ones squeaking.

also, did you break the pads in? everytime i change the pads, i notice there might be some squeaking and some decreased brake performance til the pads are broken in

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

beamertech
    check the outter edge of the rotor with your finger u should be able to tell if there is a depth difference. recommend replacing both the rotors and pads. however u can turn rotors highly recommend when replacing pads, oriellys auto parts does for 7 dollars a rotor. also use anti sqeek on the front and rear of pads. clean excess brake dust on calipers. test drive to brake pads in . i suggest doing about 40 mph and slam on brakes to make sure there is a even surface between pads and rotors.