The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Megan Coilover Comfort

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

Megan Coilover Comfort

Just wondering, who has megans and are they satisfied with the "comfort" that they give. I have some on now and i want to keep them on cause i love the look that i can get from and i know that i can adjust the hieght and what not. I just want to know how long did you have to spend adjusting to get a very comfortable ride. thats the goal i am going for. I want good comfort. is it too hard and should i just get KYB-GR2's with some springs of some sort or spend a grip of time adjusting? please help me and if your in SoCal COME TO THE BBQ MEET TOMORROW!!!

thanks in advance!!!

when i first out them one i set them to softest front and back and it took me 2 hours to adjust the height since then i havent touched them but i do wanna lower the front more so maybe since the weather is getting nicer next weel ill lower it more

if u dont change the preload and keep it the way it is or even compress the springs just a lil bit i think u will like it since it wont be hard and and lil bouncy and if its too bouncy all u have to do is adjust them from behind the rear seats and under the hood
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

i've tried adjusting alot, but maybe i'm not doing it right and stuff so all input is appreciated!

thanks spdracr!

What is the size of your tires?

like rez said what is the size of ur tires ?? I'm on 17" rims and I have a lil extra meat on them than I'm supposed to have
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    What confort????LMAO I had them and they are gone because they were not what I was looking for. I want decent ride wi no bounce but handle good at the same time. Tein s- tech with KYB agx has been my favorite setup.

Quote Originally Posted by rez887 View Post
    What is the size of your tires?
    Quote Originally Posted by spdracr View Post
    like rez said what is the size of ur tires ?? I'm on 17" rims and I have a lil extra meat on them than I'm supposed to have
    20" yeah i know they are big! i want some nice 18's cause i would really like a little extra meat for the shitty roads in CA... especially in Pomona where i got to School.

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    What confort????LMAO I had them and they are gone because they were not what I was looking for. I want decent ride wi no bounce but handle good at the same time. Tein s- tech with KYB agx has been my favorite setup.
    would you prefer the KYB - AGX or the GR2's? i want S-Tech's with one of those two set-up's but i don't know what will be better and also i want a good agressive look without a huge wheel gap from the front.

preferences? suggestions? opinions? free-be's? haha jk... kinda...

I say KYB AGX + Tein S-Tech perfect of both worlds, thats just me though. This is what my ride sat like with that set up.

I honestly would keep the coilovers for now and change wheels size then see if u like it and if u don't then change the suspension
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Wheel size made very little difference for me. After adjusting forever, I went and installed my 15 inch wheels and tires and it did not make much of a difference. Some people like that bounce and some like myself don't. Bouncy to me might not be bouncy to someone else.

I know its 20", but I mean whats the width of them?

What setting do you have the megans on?

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    yea man just keep playing with them they can ride like factory if you want them to...

I have 20's and Megans and I love the ride. I had AGX's and Teins before and the difference is night and day. I left the preload like it came from the factory and just lowered it enough to loose the gap. If you take ur time and set them all the same the ride will get better....I have the rears sitting on top of the tire and the stiffness somewhere in the middle and the fronts have a finger and a half gap and on the softess setting. 225/35/20 But they are coilovers so they are gonna have a lil play in them....my $0.02

Quote Originally Posted by rez887 View Post
    I know its 20", but I mean whats the width of them?
    20 x 7.5

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    What setting do you have the megans on?
    for what i know the front at the moment are on the softest setting and the rears i think are about 10 clicks from softest

Quote Originally Posted by fatal1 View Post
    yea man just keep playing with them they can ride like factory if you want them to...
    yeah i gotta find that feeling

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    I say KYB AGX + Tein S-Tech perfect of both worlds, thats just me though. This is what my ride sat like with that set up.

thats the look i want! it's practically perfect

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I have 20's and Megans and I love the ride. I had AGX's and Teins before and the difference is night and day. I left the preload like it came from the factory and just lowered it enough to loose the gap. If you take ur time and set them all the same the ride will get better....I have the rears sitting on top of the tire and the stiffness somewhere in the middle and the fronts have a finger and a half gap and on the softess setting. 225/35/20 But they are coilovers so they are gonna have a lil play in them....my $0.02
    thanks! i appreciate it!

to me i don't want a lot of bounce but i'm starting to get used to it, i just would like it to be less bouncy. i'm getting some orignal 16's from Ivory-G this friday and i'll see what that rides like, and if i don't get too much a benefit from it, i think i'll get the AGX's with S-Techs. if i go that route, how often would i replace the AGX's?