The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Alternator Belt Squeaking

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Alternator Belt Squeaking

Alright guys help me out I am out of ideas. I tried tightening it to the point where it can't be tighten anymore and same result tried to look for tensioner but I guess I can't seem to find it only thing I found that I can adjust is that bracket with pyramid and the two screws and the pulley off course. I changed my alternator belt twice in half a month only when it's suppose to last three years. What do you suggest me to do to make the squealing stop cause it's pretty annoying and make me look stupid when people look at me with the wtf face.

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Maybe you need a new belt.

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    Maybe you need a new belt.
    Like I said I just recently change my alternator belt. Seems Like it's coming from the a/c belt area. Wonder if its the a/c belt. Is that belt called the serpentine belt or what is it called?

replace all drive belts... if there is no tensior then all u should have to do it replace belts and tighten
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights