The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Evo engine

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Showing results 61 to 63 of 63
    Quote Originally Posted by Galant306m View Post
    LOL...ummm...this car doesn't even have a turbo. You're 0 for 2 tonight.

Experienced TGC Member glantv699's Avatar
    I love this thread

It's a collision of turbo gurus, noobs, and idiots like me making pointless comments!

> TGCPA - SOUTHEAST
    > 2010 Evolution X SE #183 of 340 (1 of 54 in Octane Blue)
    > 1999 ES V6 (Sold 2/2011)

Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepingTalon View Post
    Intersting...where did you come up with those figures, just curious? I've done the turbo 2J thing, and infact have a SC300 with a GTE swap that I did myself, and it didn't cost anywhere near that much money to make big power. Infact, I'm still using the stock W58 tranny, stock injectors, stock cams, stock fuel sytem, stock motor, just a Walbro pump, turbo, manifold, ext wg, fmic, and AEM. I make 540whp/500wtq at 18psi on pump gas. That's well over a 600hp car, and I don't have anywhere near that kind of money in it. The R154 tranny is good for big hp numbers and is fairly cheap too if you wanna upgrade and have a bit of room to have some fun. The 2JZ-GE is the same thing. The only additional thing you need is headstuds and a stock supra HG. That costs an additional $200-250, that's it! Also, just FYI, you can make almost 500whp on the stock twins, no turbo upgrade necessary, so you might wanna actually know what you're talking about before you go around spreading misinformation. I bought my SC's shell for 3k, and spent another 8k in the swap and upgrades, including AEM ems. That doesn't come anywhere close to 35k. The only reason an IS300 would be more expensive is because the car ITSELF costs more. The motors are the exact same in the SC's and IS's, with the only difference being that the IS's have VVT-I. Oh, and for the record, I daily drive my SC300, and have had ZERO problems. I've tuned 2J's for people making way more power who put 20k/yr on their cars too.
    You sound like the guy that was at the Summit meet with the clean ass SC300, if so great car. 7gftw the semple answer is not that the swap can't be done, it can. You asked:
    Quote Originally Posted by 7gftw View Post
    but am wondering what you guys think of the swap, honestly. So what do you guys think?
    and that is what most of these guys are giving you. There are guys on this site that have taken the Galant apart and put it back together and can tell you pretty much anything you want to know about it. If you are dead set on having an Evo motor in a Galant there is a 8g on craigslist for $1000, if you buy that and do an Evo swap on it you would come out cheaper, better, and safer that using your 7g as a starting point.

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234