The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Evo engine

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 63

222whp/250wtq

I say umm no. Its not worth it!! Your car will be down for more than a year not including the money isssue.. The only 1 thing that makes the Evo8,9 motor is the higher compression pistons over the 6 bolt lower compression. The evo 8 motor components make the evo motor run better than a 6 bolt(ex.factory front mount,intercooler sprayer,mass,and ecu) With the money you will put into this swap you could have a built 6 bolt bottom end and plenty of ungrades. The link you posted is a evo 8 motor in a 420a car which the engine sits the same a the evo 8 anyways! My old neighbor has a evo and while he spent 500 bucks on a exhaust and another 1100 20g upgrade, i spent 800 on a t66,150 on my exhaust,and another 300 on cams! And guess what happens everytime we bumped into eachother......I have about 20000 less dollars in my whole overall car than him!! I can just imagine what he feels like get beat by a car i paid pennies for plus the car never hit the US with a turbo motor!!! Learn from everyone before u budget over being rare or different!!

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    You think a 500whp stock internal motor will last 100,000 miles? lol.

Id take a 1g 6bolt built motor over a stock internal Evo motor any day of the week for my 7g. For the money it will cost you to fabricate mounts, build a transmission(you think your going to use AWD?), figure out wiring, you could build two fully built 1g 6bolt 4g63t and use the second motor as a spare when the first blows up after 200,000 miles.

If you build it right, tune the car, do not take any shortcuts, an aftermarket internalled motor can last just as long as a stock motor. Id trust a 500whp built motor as a daily driver before a 500awhp stock internal motor(any engine, not just 4g63t).

You have somehow got it into your head that aftermarket internals arent as strong as stock internal motors? Huh?
    7g for life!

Yea if stock internals were stronger why would people be replacing them with aftermarket internals for their builds??? You should get your facts strait before you post something so outlandish as this thread!

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 7gftw View Post
    I am not trying to say that dsm's can't make any power... my friend has a 10 second dsm. I agree that dsm's break because of people ghetto rigging shit... If i was going to go baller then I would just get a Lexus gs300 and 2jz-gte swap it, add a gettrag trans. and a single turbo. As far as turboing my car, no matter what happens it will cost a couple thousand dollars anyways.... I was just wondering if it was a good idea to put a newer engine design into my car instead of an older one.... but I would say that all of you think it is a bad idea...
    HAHAHA.. Dude.. Your an idiot.. They break because of ppl "ghetto rigging shit" WTF? Didnt you just answer your question by saying that? In that case.. Build one and not ghetto rig it.... If you got the money to dump a stupid evo engine in the car why not build a NICE and BEASTLY 63t thats PROVEN itself for hmmmm.. How many years? Build it the NON ghetto way and you dont have a problem.. Besides. Doesnt matter what you build.. It can all blow up tomorrow.. If you knew anything about cars and how they work. If your putting down SERIOUS HP you can lose 20k in work in less time that it takes for you to blink. Shit happens. Seriously. Research something before you knock it.

I tell you what... Go ask the frendly advice of the fine fellows on the forum on EVOm... They would love you...

i am not trying to say that stock internals are stronger than aftermarket.... just more reliable.....

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT View Post
    You think a 500whp stock internal motor will last 100,000 miles? lol.

Id take a 1g 6bolt built motor over a stock internal Evo motor any day of the week for my 7g. For the money it will cost you to fabricate mounts, build a transmission(you think your going to use AWD?), figure out wiring, you could build two fully built 1g 6bolt 4g63t and use the second motor as a spare when the first blows up after 200,000 miles.

If you build it right, tune the car, do not take any shortcuts, an aftermarket internalled motor can last just as long as a stock motor. Id trust a 500whp built motor as a daily driver before a 500awhp stock internal motor(any engine, not just 4g63t).

You have somehow got it into your head that after market internals aren't as strong as stock internal motors? Huh?

just talk to ANYONE that daily drives a 2jz-gte.... and they can daily drive with 800whp easily

I am not saying that stock internals are stronger than a built motor...by no means..... i am just saying that they tend to be more reliable because the auto manufactures do not care about some crazy hp number.... they do not want to have blown motors ever 25,000 miles

tomorrow I am going to talk to the guys at 4gperformance and get their opinions too.... that will help me determine what i will end up doing

just talk to ANYONE that daily drives a 2jz-gte.... and they can daily drive with 800whp easily

I am not saying that stock internals are stronger than a built motor...by no means..... i am just saying that they tend to be more reliable because the auto manufactures do not care about some crazy hp number.... they do not want to have blown motors ever 25,000 miles

tomorrow I am going to talk to the guys at 4gperformance and get their opinions too.... that will help me determine what i will end up doing
    OMG! Dude you have your mind set on what you are going to do so the do it and shut up! We tell you what we think you want to know and all you do is say that you would rather have the evo motor. But i do hope that you know the late model evo motor will not work in a 7g just to make sure that you are on the same page. If you want a evo motor the one that i can think of that you would be happy with would be the evo 5 motor. Have fun knock your self out with it! I can speak for most people and say i am happy that i am not going to be the one doing the work to that car because it is going to be a complete nightmare.

The amount of money that you are going to drop on making this all work go buy your stupid IS-300 and run a 2jz. WOOOHOOO for the freakin 2jz! everyone knows that they can put down massive numbers but they take $$$$$$$$ to make that power.!

Have a nice day.!!!

1996 galant s

Quote Originally Posted by Galant306m View Post
    OMG! Dude you have your mind set on what you are going to do so the do it and shut up! We tell you what we think you want to know and all you do is say that you would rather have the evo motor. But i do hope that you know the late model evo motor will not work in a 7g just to make sure that you are on the same page. If you want a evo motor the one that i can think of that you would be happy with would be the evo 5 motor. Have fun knock your self out with it! I can speak for most people and say i am happy that i am not going to be the one doing the work to that car because it is going to be a complete nightmare.

The amount of money that you are going to drop on making this all work go buy your stupid IS-300 and run a 2jz. WOOOHOOO for the freakin 2jz! everyone knows that they can put down massive numbers but they take $$$$$$$$ to make that power.!

Have a nice day.!!!
    i call bullshit on it taking much $$$ to make a 2jz put down some fucking power... i am glad thats what you all think then.... i am also glad that you are all so fucking nice to a different idea.... only a few of you guys actually told me your opinion instead of acting like I am some fucking dumbass.... i will admit that i brought all this shit upon myself by asking a bunch of guys with 15 second cars on how to build a reliable 11 second car!!!

OK?

Here is the problem! You have an idea in your head that you want to put a EVO 9 motor in your car! RIGHT?

Now what i have been telling you is that it will not fit! WONT FIT IN YOUR CAR! Reason look a pic on google of a evo9 engine bay and you will see what i am talking about! Then i tell you that a freakin Evo5 motor would work if you want to run that! so do it and STFU!

What you are saying is that you would spend around 15 - 20 grand on a is300 depending on the condition of the car! HMMM Now you are going to make this stock car make big HP.! Problem say you are going to make around a decent number not to high 600hp lets say, Ok i will agree with you that a toyota motor is a reliable engine, but to make around 600 hp your going to need around a T40 - a T66 Turbo,! HMM.! Lets say that you are going to be running around 20psi roughly to make that power thats really low boost for a T66. HMM! What i have seen about the is300 is to make about 600 - 700 hp you are looking at droping around 15 - 20 grand. Not just on the motor because you are now going to need to send your transmission out to get built to handle that power and your going to need to have a decent set of gears that will also handle that power, Plus not to add the 4-6 inch exhaust for that size turbo, $$$ not cheap you would spend so much money on doing that and still only have a 10.5 second car that since you have gears you really wouldnt want to drive that on the street.!

So lets think here??? i would rather have a low 13 to mid 12 second 4g63t galant over a 10.5 second is300 that has around 35grand dumped into it that now i cannot drive it on the street.!

Get your shit strait do what you want! But you got your info so what is the point about you keep asking more people Run a EVO5 motor and be happy!

1996 galant s

i will admit that i brought all this shit upon myself by asking a bunch of guys with 15 second cars on how to build a reliable 11 second car!!!
    WOAH there buddy

DOHCstunr has a mean 63T swapped 7G - high 12 sec car, if he swapped it to a GSX it would run 11's
    seth98esT used to have a high 13's 63T swapped 7G (now stocker n/a)
    mtcavity1 has a high 13's 8G
    laxinwarrior has a high 13's 7G putting down like 240 ish
    Micro galant is a hybrid 64/63T built and putting down 358hp and 408tq
    4-G-rim is a turbo 7G at about high 13's
    Blue Ice is a almost finished swapped 63T 7G

me and bmore303 are almost turbo and my cuz is almost finished swapping his 94 GS to a 63T

so before you start talking shit know who you are talking it too
    Last edited by kolio; 04-30-2008 at 11:30 PM

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

first: LOOK at an evo 5 engine.... faces the same way as an evo 8 (opposite as an evo 3 or a dsm 4g63)
    learn what you are talking about before you act like I am some dumb ass who doesn't know how my engine is positioned

second: SOME of you guys might have 13 sec cars....
    how fast is you car Kolio??????
    Last edited by 7gftw; 04-30-2008 at 11:40 PM

EVO 5

1996 galant s

1996 galant s

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lancer_Evolution

read this part

"Evolution IV

The Lancer platform was completely changed in 1996, and along with it the Evolution, which had become extremely popular throughout the world. The engine and transaxle was rotated 180° to better balance the weight and eliminate torque steer."

Don't think that I don't know what I am talking about!

that is fucked up cause some evo5 motors that i find are the same way as the 7g and then some of the others are the way of the 8g! i know that they fit cause i was looking to go that rout but its way to much money when you can build a 4g63t for the less!

Now i have an idea that i have been playing with that has been kept on the DL and will stay that way until i decide if i am going to do it! but none the less the internet if fail for the pics that we are both getting lol.! im confused now on which one is which! the pics i got are from evo 5's and the ones that you got are from an evo 5!

1996 galant s

Quote Originally Posted by Galant306m View Post
    OK?

Here is the problem! You have an idea in your head that you want to put a EVO 9 motor in your car! RIGHT?

Now what i have been telling you is that it will not fit! WONT FIT IN YOUR CAR! Reason look a pic on google of a evo9 engine bay and you will see what i am talking about! Then i tell you that a freakin Evo5 motor would work if you want to run that! so do it and STFU!

What you are saying is that you would spend around 15 - 20 grand on a is300 depending on the condition of the car! HMMM Now you are going to make this stock car make big HP.! Problem say you are going to make around a decent number not to high 600hp lets say, Ok i will agree with you that a toyota motor is a reliable engine, but to make around 600 hp your going to need around a T40 - a T66 Turbo,! HMM.! Lets say that you are going to be running around 20psi roughly to make that power thats really low boost for a T66. HMM! What i have seen about the is300 is to make about 600 - 700 hp you are looking at droping around 15 - 20 grand. Not just on the motor because you are now going to need to send your transmission out to get built to handle that power and your going to need to have a decent set of gears that will also handle that power, Plus not to add the 4-6 inch exhaust for that size turbo, $$$ not cheap you would spend so much money on doing that and still only have a 10.5 second car that since you have gears you really wouldnt want to drive that on the street.!

So lets think here??? i would rather have a low 13 to mid 12 second 4g63t galant over a 10.5 second is300 that has around 35grand dumped into it that now i cannot drive it on the street.!

Get your shit strait do what you want! But you got your info so what is the point about you keep asking more people Run a EVO5 motor and be happy!

Intersting...where did you come up with those figures, just curious? I've done the turbo 2J thing, and infact have a SC300 with a GTE swap that I did myself, and it didn't cost anywhere near that much money to make big power. Infact, I'm still using the stock W58 tranny, stock injectors, stock cams, stock fuel sytem, stock motor, just a Walbro pump, turbo, manifold, ext wg, fmic, and AEM. I make 540whp/500wtq at 18psi on pump gas. That's well over a 600hp car, and I don't have anywhere near that kind of money in it. The R154 tranny is good for big hp numbers and is fairly cheap too if you wanna upgrade and have a bit of room to have some fun. The 2JZ-GE is the same thing. The only additional thing you need is headstuds and a stock supra HG. That costs an additional $200-250, that's it! Also, just FYI, you can make almost 500whp on the stock twins, no turbo upgrade necessary, so you might wanna actually know what you're talking about before you go around spreading misinformation. I bought my SC's shell for 3k, and spent another 8k in the swap and upgrades, including AEM ems. That doesn't come anywhere close to 35k. The only reason an IS300 would be more expensive is because the car ITSELF costs more. The motors are the exact same in the SC's and IS's, with the only difference being that the IS's have VVT-I. Oh, and for the record, I daily drive my SC300, and have had ZERO problems. I've tuned 2J's for people making way more power who put 20k/yr on their cars too.

first: LOOK at an evo 5 engine.... faces the same way as an evo 8 (opposite as an evo 3 or a dsm 4g63)
    learn what you are talking about before you act like I am some dumb ass who doesn't know how my engine is positioned

second: SOME of you guys might have 13 sec cars....
    how fast is you car Kolio??????
    i am finishing my all motor stage and running a bi 16G in a couple months. i haven't been to the track but i think about 15s right now i put to the ground 136hp 146tq

there was a 13 sec all motor 7G by dukeplayer

it's pointless to make crazy power if you can't hook. that's why john is probably gonna be the first 7G do be AWD and under 12's. the FWD is a killer for 1/4 mile

microgalant hasn't even tried his car at the track yet. most of us have 15sec cars but have new mototr projects going on.

don't be quck to judge some of the members. i told you the only way i would know to go about the swap.

ohh btw stewi also has a fast as shit 8G thats evo swapped, goosey has a turbo 8G. i can name so many people off hand.

the most 13 sec cars here cost about $1500-$2500 to get there thats how much just evo motors are. DOHCstunr has some crazy shit done to his but has it tuned for optimum fuel efficency and year round driving. if he would go all out on the tune and throw some drag radials i think he would put some fast as shit times down

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast