The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: CAI or short ram need info

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

CAI or short ram need info

hi looking to add HP i live in ny rain snow etc. should i get short ram or CAI. im getting injen. also what is good going price is this good deal short ram 178 shipped or CAI 235 shipped

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    lol, it barely adds any hp/tq

no? i though would breath better i got k&n just thought give boost no?should i save my money?

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    yes it will breath better but you're talking minimal hp/tq gain

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    It will give you better throttle response with the ram one. I have a CAI injen and when I have it as CAI, it sounds great but there's a small lag in throttle response. When it rains, I remove the bottom piece and it becomes Ram and better throttle response is immediately recognized. This review is based on my experience. I'm also noticing better gas mileage but not much.
    Last edited by RAZ_76; 04-29-2008 at 11:41 AM

you dont feel any difference between the two set-ups until after 85mph.

I had the AEM CAI and the pull after 85 mph to 120 was reasonably faster than the short ram.

I would've kept the cold-air until I ran into some moisture problems. my car was slammed and still is so the filter was having trouble with tryin to keep dry when it was raining and the car would stall in the middle of driving. So I opted for the Injen short ram.

you ask why I didn't stick with the AEM short ram? Well, I got an intake leak with the AEM because it didnt have a mounting bracket and it sat on the engine and developed a dime sized hole.

that was my experience, I cant wait for turbo cuz I'm sick of N/A.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

thanks guys

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    The benefits of a short ram or CAI won't happen till you are in the upper powerband. (4000+ rpms) Thats when you feel the difference because thats when you motor needs to "breath" better.

HP increase is minimal..but the extra HP you didn't have with a stock intake.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo