The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: It's been a while...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 29

It's been a while...

...since I've posted any pics. Mainly because there isn't much to show since my accident. This past weekend, I went to my parent's house to put my summer wheels on and fix some things on my car, like the front passenger side axle.

I also got some new Sumitomo HTR Z III tires installed. So far on my 2.5 hour trip home to NY, they seem pretty good in the pouring rain. I can't wait to test them on dry road. They are definitely more quiet and a bit more comfotable than the Yokohama Parada spec-2's I usually rock.

As I was jacking up my car to work on it this weekend I noticed my rear passenger Tein damper is leaking oil. I can't be without my car, so I can't wait and send it back to Tein for an overhaul. I'm probably going to switch my suspension to H&R springs with KYB AGX's, then get all 4 Tein dampers overhauled and sell them. So, that kind of sucks.

What really sucks though is after hours of banging on the axle to get it out, then finally getting it out by pulling it out with a come-a-long attached to the axle and my Father's Kubota tractor, I still have the same clicking noises as before. This whole mess started when my front passenger side wheel slammed into a curb in the snow. I already replaced my bearing and hub assembly and tie rod end which got rid of all the vibrations and some of the noises I was hearing, but the clicking noise persisted and I figured it had to be the axle. Apparently it wasn't. I hope it's not my tranny. The sound doesn't seem to be coming from that side of the car though. The only other thing it could be is something with my Tein damper, like the pillow ball upper mount or something. Well, anyway, I don't think I changed the axle for nothing, because it did have alot of play in it compared to the new one.

Here is a pic of my Father cranking the come-a-long to pull my axle out:

Her are a couple of pics I took this morning before I left my parent's house in PA

Here is a pic from this afternoon when I got back home to NY

For anyone who might ask, the rims are 18x8 Rota D2's with a +48mm offset. The center caps I got on ebay because the Rota caps that came with the wheels wouldn't fit on the front due to the axle sticking out too far.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    looks clean man.

still sexy!

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    The car still looks clean..but looking forward when you get those JDM pieces back on again! Nice choice of wheels...one of my favorite Rota wheels!

BTW: your parents garage is super clean and looks roomy too!

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    David, sup!!! Man it's good to hear that you are still in the family man. Are you coming to the BBQ this year?

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Looks good dude. I've been there many times before, it will pass though.

still looks good. haven't seen your car in ages!

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

looks nice man, r u coming to the philly meet next week ?? i really wanna see ur car in person
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

car is still hella clean! its cool man as Raz said it always passes.
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Quote Originally Posted by SkylineG1 View Post
    David, sup!!! Man it's good to hear that you are still in the family man. Are you coming to the BBQ this year?
    Hey, yeah I'm planning to go, so as long as nothing comes up that day. I have a wedding to go to on June 21st, so if it's that weekend, I won't make it. It looks like it will be the 28th though, so I should be good. With lots of luck, I'll be able to get my JDM parts painted and installed just in time. I was actually supposed to try and fit the '98+ VR-4 sides on this past weekend, but ran out of time. I took one look at how they lined up with the rocker panel and behind the doors and realized there is a lot more work to making them fit than I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by spdracr View Post
    looks nice man, r u coming to the philly meet next week ?? i really wanna see ur car in person
    No, I'm not going. I thought about it, but right now I'm trying to save every penny I can to get my car back in order. I just spent money for my girlfriend's birthday and our 2 year anniversary is coming up. I need to hit the lottery... $10,000 would be great... I'm not greedy. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by 4-G-rim View Post
    The car still looks clean..but looking forward when you get those JDM pieces back on again! Nice choice of wheels...one of my favorite Rota wheels!

BTW: your parents garage is super clean and looks roomy too!
    I do love these Rota's, but I'd rather have the SSR Professor SP1's. lol. My Mother recently retired and my parent's bought 10 acres of land in PA and built a house there. The garage is a nice big two car garage with some extra depth for tools and work benches and stuff. Actually, there isn't enough room for all of my Father's tools... some are in the basement. My father planned to build an outbuilding in the back of the house with a his own shop, but the way things have been lately, the finances aren't there. It sucks because he would have had a lift and everything. How much easier would things be with a lift?
    Last edited by Danger DANJ; 04-28-2008 at 08:37 PM

looks good David. Nice and clean bud
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Glad you're back David!

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger DANJ View Post

Here is a pic of my Father cranking the come-a-long to pull my axle out:

LOL!! This has got to be the most dangerous way ever to remove an axle. I wouldnt be anywhere NEAR that setup you got there. At least it got the job done though. I hope your father didnt lose any limbs or eyes that day.

Need some paint or bodywork done in Chicagoland or NW Indiana???.. http://www.alsautobodyexperts.com/

im loving those wheels, if they were a little deeper dish theyd be perfect. car still looks clean
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Welcome back! And always good to see you doing well. The car looks great!

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    Welcome Back Kotter

What happened to the body kit?
    1997 Volvo 850 T5

It still looks amazingly clean! cant wait til' you get her back to JDM status
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Wow, haven't heard from you in a while.. Looks awesome..

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    David glad to see your getting things back on track. As far as your clicking noise, is it constant, or only when you turn? Have you checked the lower ball joint? Those things tend to go pretty easy when you hit curbs. You better make it to the BBQ this year, havent seen you in over a year, maybe even two years.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast