The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: my heat doesn't work

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

my heat doesn't work

i know it sounds weird, but my heat stopped working a few days ago.
    well, first off, i almost overheated the engine the week before, so i added a lil more engine coolant. a few days after i tried the heat and it only blows out ambient air. :?
    not sure what the problem is, maybe it's a leak in the radiator(?) or the motor for the climate control not working( i checked the A/C and the cold air blows through)

any suggestions? thanks in advance

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial

beamertech
    try performing pressure test in coolant system to see if there is a air pocket in system (due to not bled correctly). also u may not have any coolant in system just water. coolant has to be heated up to provide hot air in cabin. but recommend replacing thermostat if stuck open or closed can cause vehicle overheats and a/c problems
    beamer tech is here
    Last edited by beamertech; 04-29-2008 at 06:15 PM Reason: new information

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Make sure that the passanger side, where the feet go is not wet. Mine did that when the Heatercore went, made a huge mess and I didn't even know about it untill my car overheated.

lol this just happened to me too. check your fuses too. I need to replace the one in my engine bay since the one in there now looks a little funny and discolored. my lights were acting up and one went out thought it was a bulb but it was a fuse. now heat is gone and air works fine. all the heat does is blow ambient air as well. hmm.......
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

thanks all. i'll check on the fuses and thermostat tonight, hopefully my heater core didn't go :(

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    You will know if it did because all that coolant that you said is gone, would be on the passenger side floor and you would get that coolant odor. I hope it's not becaus eif it is, you have alot of work ahead of you.

just came back from testing and driving, the heat works again!!! :D :D

when i check the fuses, some of them weren't snug and tight like the other ones, so i pushed them back down like the other. my interior still smells like the "vanillaroma" air freshener so that's a good sign. i checked the tank for the engine coolant, filled it a lil more and monitored it after starting. didn't see big fluctuations after starting. turned on the heat and it started up like normal :)

i'll still double check on the thermostat and heater core when i redo my gauges later, thanks again for the help everyone!!! :D

try checking the coolant levels at the radiator too.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6 View Post
    try checking the coolant levels at the radiator too.
    that's something i need to do as well.. still wondering why i had to fill the reservoir again.

evaporation, heat

Quote Originally Posted by silversurfer View Post
    evaporation, heat
    huh???
    does that mean check evaporation and heat?