The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: red dash pieces?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 27
    redlobster

red dash pieces?

honestly I was thinking of painting my interior pieces that are black like dark red to match the mitsu symbol, what do some of you guys think about this? Im looking for opinions on this so i dont make a dumb move, thanks
    (btw my interior has sorta whiteish seats and has a dark brown dash)

sean

personally, i think that kinda stuff is hideous. i have yet to see one turn out good looking, and it looks totally "ricey" and "poser" to me.

but thats just my opinion.

redlobster
    cool thats what im looking for, opinions one way or the other, becuz im not sold on doing it yet so i dont wanna mess up something thats nice , only half-assing it.
    thanks
    sean

Experienced TGC Member
    IMO it can look really tight, if done right.

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it....
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

BEAST
    I did it to my car and I think it looks pretty damn good. I have got lots of compliments on them as well. Even from people who aren't into cars. Just sand over the peices with some fine sandpaper or fine steelwool and then clean them with alcohol then start painting. I got my paint a Walmart and they have this paint that is made to go on your dash parts so you don't have to primer it or anything.

Damn, I must be a ricer then.

oh well.
    You gain knowledge through learning not by increasing your post count...please search

o0 XeRO G 0o
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jluv97)</div><div class='quotemain'>Damn, I must be a ricer then.

oh well.</div>
    its ok... i must be a rice fan then...

redlobster
    do any of you guys have pics so i can see how yours turned out?

sean

BEAST
    Yea, click the link in my signature.

TGC Regular
    i think it looks good if done right but most the time its not done right.. and just looks like the inside's made of leggo blocks all sorts of color's im probably gona do mine but im also gona have the whole interior done too. so its not gona look weird but in the end to each their own if you like it do it..
    - Atba

You gain knowledge through learning not by increasing your post count...please search

Dark Anghell
    That makes me a ricer too. Damn, I was trying to stay away from that...no type-R stickers, no huge alluminum wings...no GTR badges, all of those rules...and at the end I still turn out to be a ricer. I better get my ass to the store and get a Type-R sticker then...now that my car is rice I need that.

If you don't like something it doesn't mean that it's rice. :x :evil:

o0 XeRO G 0o
    no matter what you put on your car, somebody will think it's rice. neons, painted interior pieces, even white gauge faces. it doesnt matter what others think of your decision if you paint them or not, because everybody will have their own opinions, but you have the car. they're not going to be the ones driving it all the time, just you. thats how i look at it.

remember... subtlety is the key to a true "car drivers" car.

Dark Anghell
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'>remember... subtlety is the key to a true "car drivers" car. </div>

I think if it's done right, it will look clean and it will score points at a show.

Some people on this board keep their cars stock because they think that car is perfect when it's not modified. You don't hear people say that they are old farts and can't hook up their rides. So I don't think it's right to say that something sucks (painting interior for example), if you don't like it that's fine. I personally don't like many things people do to their cars, but out of respect I just don't say anything.

IllestGalant
    He's just jealous

Dark Anghell
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IllestGalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>He's just jealous
    </div>
    That's right

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar

i think so too...mine needs a new coat though :?

i think its fine unless
    1) The colors are all whacked...like one piece neon pink with the center pice bright yellow or something
    2) They go overboard and paint every single piece of interior in there car
    3) They do a half-ass job

and i think thats about the only ways you can mess it up
    7g for life!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IllestGalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>He's just jealous
    </div>

lol...

'fraid not.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    i think its fine unless
    2) They go overboard and paint every single piece of interior in there car...</div>

That one hurt!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast