The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: STP Fuel Injector cleaner and STP Gas treatment

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17

STP Fuel Injector cleaner and STP Gas treatment

any experience with the above two treatments?
    Thinking of mixing some in w/ my next fill up and oil change.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    i thought it helped, but only 1 tank. it was worthless after the first tank. im getting a full tune up instead because at 103k and i bought it at 93k im sure it was never done.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    butt dyno products, doesn't do much but you can add it to feel better about yourself, i used to

i agree with 99, it only worked for one tank with me

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial

I'm not a believer on this stuff removing deposits and at the very least it improves the quality of the gas/to not contribute towards making deposits and maintaining the quality of the gas and removing some water in the fuel system. If anyone has cleaned the intake/exhaust valves of a engine with a decent amount of miles would understand; you quickly learn the dremel is your friend and some good carb spray takes the deposits off with some thorough dremeling; so I can't see a liquid diluted in 13+ gal. of fuel anywhere near making a difference in removing anything in the fuel system thats hampering making your car run rough..etc.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    the only fuel injector cleaning product I ever had success with was the one from Lucas. My fiance's civic had a noisy injector and after one use of the lucas fuel treatment no more noisy injector. The injector was noisy for about 3 weeks, then 2 days after adding the lucas, it was gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    I agree with Stewi...Lucas products are great. I worked in the automotive industry for 8 year and have heard alot of things about fluid additives out there in the market.

For fuel I would use Lucas, BG, and Chevron "Techron" and Sea Foam additives

For oil I would use Lucas, BG, Marvel Mystery oil.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

I have been using them but I think it doesnt have a great of affect like everyone wants to think. sure it would help clean deposts and reduce water in the lines for faster starts but it wont reduce the wear of the parts and wont help have greater gas mileage....

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    well don't really care if it works or not.. most of the gas was said to already have cleaning additives, but i still put stp injector cleaner every full tank.. doesn't hurt to try...

stkiflngaz
    yea your supposed to use with every fill up so plan on buying a lot of them...

Banned
    Seafoam

I use lucus and it does work, cleans the injectors well, i had a little bit of an idle problem, little more rough than usual but i had done wires and plugs about 5,000k agao so i just used lucus and it smoothed right out.

In my experience, Lucas works the best. I have used STP and others before and I didn't notice an improvement.

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    Yeah the first time i used Fuel Injector Cleaner the STP stuff it was not bad, but then it was just a waste of money after that like many others have said

ISMASG90
    You should try BG products, 44k is a gas treatment. I used the kit to clean the fuel system.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    the only fuel injector cleaning product I ever had success with was the one from Lucas. My fiance's civic had a noisy injector and after one use of the lucas fuel treatment no more noisy injector. The injector was noisy for about 3 weeks, then 2 days after adding the lucas, it was gone.
    what is that cleaner bro?

can you share it?

^ Brand named Lucas :) u'll find it almost in any automotive place (autozone, pepboys etc..)

-RON