The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: squealing noise

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

squealing noise

when i turn my wheel all the way and either go in drive or reverse it make a bad squealing noise anyone know what this could be.

2000 Galant ES 2.4L

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    cv boot?

powersteering belt

its only when i turn the wheel all the way

2000 Galant ES 2.4L

if you are stopped and you turn the wheel all the way, is there a noise?

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

No only when i move forward or reverse

2000 Galant ES 2.4L

sound like some rubbing from the backing plate on your brakes.

what do i do to fix this??

2000 Galant ES 2.4L

bend the plate the opposite way off of the rotor, its the only thing that will bend so easily or at all

actually it does squeal when im not moving. when i turn the wheel all the way it makes the noise. it just gets louder when moving. im uploading a video of it

2000 Galant ES 2.4L

2000 Galant ES 2.4L

squeek

well there are a couple of noises , you need a new belt somewhere whether its your power steering belt or alternator i dont know but it souds like your belt and sound like your brakes are old .tighten your belts .you could also take the belts off and then check it if no noise then you need either a belt tensioner or a water pump or one of the other components is bad.
    Last edited by silversurfer; 05-01-2008 at 12:23 PM

so check the belts first? i kno i got the serpentine belt replaced a month and a half ago

2000 Galant ES 2.4L

squeeking

yes its your belts , when you first get a belt the tension you first apply will make it stretch which is normal, then you must re tension the belt again one last time for a long time.its normal, check the tension on your belts to see whick one it is first then tighten to spec i tink its about .25 inches of belt deflection , but dont overtighten and your fine.