The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: The One Thing You Love About Your 8g Is......

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Showing results 81 to 94 of 94
    Quote Originally Posted by 6G72gearhead View Post
    The looks I get from beating things like C6 Z06's in the cone races. The fact that it is light and simple, and with the lack of aftermarket support I get to design and develop my own parts and learn even more about building truly fast machines.
    Custom made parts designed with track experience and gains in mind is greater than any aftermarket products designed with making a profit in mind.

Having cars I never thought would try and race me or show off..most unexpected was a group of guys in a maserati quattroporte I believe it was. Im like your really tryna prove a point over a car thats like 3k or less lol. Bmws and sti/evos take notice alot too. I could see if my car was turbo and they heard a bov when I went by.

2nd thing I like is not really seeing any modded my way. All of em for the most part look like what oakrdrs187 posted lol. I swear the oem hubcaps must have a 99% fail rate, from all the local ones I see on steelies. I had a s14 prior to my G that got way more complements, but I like the fact the G doesn't draw fanboys. So when I do get a compliment on the G, it means more even though it received less than the 240.
    Last edited by 8thLS6; 01-22-2015 at 03:45 PM

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    I love how it throws people off that ITS A GALANT!

Apparently when people ask what I drive and I tell them, their first thought is this...

And then they have look at how it really looks....
    This is a good one..
    I get the same thing

Yeah, try imagining the look you get when you tell people it's the car you race, and that's after you insist it's not a 6GVR4. Of course this is all before they see it, but I know a few others can relate.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Quote Originally Posted by M-Rod View Post
    Yeah, try imagining the look you get when you tell people it's the car you race, and that's after you insist it's not a 6GVR4. Of course this is all before they see it, but I know a few others can relate.
    yep, for me people always assume its a vr4 as well. I'm always like "not a legit one"
    The one thing that irritated me was somebody said hey nice mustang! I just shook my head, and said thanks man. Do people not read emblems?

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Mustang?!? Damn, I've never heard that one before. lol
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

I'd be offended. Probably cuz between ponys I prefer camaros.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Rod View Post
    Mustang?!? Damn, I've never heard that one before. lol
    Yeah I was pretty pissed. Its gotta be because the dolphin bumper. Neverless the fricken 4 doors on my car lol. People are retarded sometimes

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Quote Originally Posted by gtx View Post
    ...that it's paid for.
    2X. I have loved the Galant since my first in 08'. Now I am on my third and looking for a 4th as my project car.

I've never owed on a G. Always mine and paid in full.

A guy at my school came up to me the other day and said "Hey man, nice Lancer!!" I wasn't sure if he was serious or not.. Especially since my G doesn't have a body kit or anything, I still took it as a compliment. I was even more surprised when I saw him get into a highly modified Eclipse. I was like really? lol I actually prefer the styling of my 8G over the same year Lancer.

fkn hate it when ppl mistake it for a lancer. so much to the point if i have already corrected someone and they make the mistake again i dont talk to them i just walk away

i was going to help a buddy of a buddy with his bmw once he mad a the mistake and just saw my tailights
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk
    Isuzu Trooper mountain spec

I have to agree with the first post in this thread, the stock speakers are pretty good for stock. I thought the guy before me put aftermarket ones in until I took the door off and realized they were stock. By far one of my favorite things about my 8G is how easy it is to get the headunit in and out. My friend had to take his entire dash off his Pontiac G6 just to get the damn radio replaced! I couldn't help but laugh.

West LA, Cali by way of PG County, Maryland

Icon1

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    I love how it throws people off that ITS A GALANT!

Apparently when people ask what I drive and I tell them, their first thought is this...

And then they have look at how it really looks....
    Mannnn...This ^^^^ Exactly!!! Lmao!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345