The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: The One Thing You Love About Your 8g Is......

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 94
    Not a lot of people trick them out. So b/c of that, they don't have millions of cheap accessories compared to Honda. The curves, the whole body, and it's ability to be fun and sleek. I try to compare it to a lot of ricers out there, and I'm always proud that I have a Galant. Not just a Mitsu. In my opinion, it would take a good amount of effort to rice out a Galant (yet I know it has been done LOL).

Plus it's easy to work with. Not some complicated puzzle piece to take apart, yet again, it looks sleek and well designed.

I like how you can swap parts from other cars for extra power/durability (Outlander, Evo, Hyundai Sonata, etc...)
    the stock speakers are great too :D

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial

Even though both the ES and LS are close to stock, people look at them all the time. They make ricers come and get it.

8G 4 life!
    Last edited by SLS2000; 05-03-2008 at 04:23 AM
    8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )

I like the looks inside and outside + the durability of the car, havent changed a part on it since i bougth it. but now i have a jdm/eu galant :D

It was the body styling that drew me in. For a completely stock car to look that beautiful and be so affordable...

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    is its Reliability!!!
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Hard to say just one thing.

It's reliable, with just PM, my old G and so far this one (except for the intake) give no problems.

For a family sedan, it drives like a champ. Even Car and Driver noted how in a comparo of similar sedans, it had the best steering, nicely weighted, good feedback and great on-center feel, which a lot of cars cannot claim to have. I've had a number of rental cars in between accidents and all of them, even an upmarket higher-trim-level Impala left me wanting my G even more. Only my Diamante drove better than my G, and I've driven Camry's, Accords, Malibu's, Sebrings, etc. In its price and age range, it's the best car in the class IMO (and Car and Driver's opinion too).

It looks better than anything in its price and age range, and has aged better than anything from that era too. It does borrow heavily from the E39 5 Series (which is still a car I'd love to own) so that's where its good looks come from, but one can argue that the JDM Galant debuted in 1996, only a year after the E39, and they probably designed it well before 1995.

It's rare compared to Camry's, Altima's and Accord's. It feels good driving something different.

And Evo parts fit! Camry's and the rest might can borrow parts from Avalon's and the respective upmarket models from their manufacturer, but with the exception of the Legacy borrowing WRX parts (if they fit, and maybe if Prelude or S2K parts fit on Accords) those others don't have performance cars in the fleet to borrow from like the Galant does.
    /Galant love fest

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Great little car. The 4G64 is fairly simple and straight forward to work on, especially since there's a good amount on space to work with. I love the lines of the side profile, the aggressive front end, especially on the world spec VRG and VR4 models. But I still like the unloved USDM FL 8G front clip, even more once I nab a better lip and install the JDM heads.

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

Since this has been revived, I have to say the fact its a sleeper because nobody knows what it is. 6g75 FTW!
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Rod View Post
    Since this has been revived, I have to say the fact its a sleeper because nobody knows what it is. 6g75 FTW!
    x2
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

I like that fact that on the board some gs look the same, but when I drive it in town, i'm the OG in my area. No galant looks like mine. He he

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

When someone with a nice car says wow man thats a nice looking car, I say thanks, they say yea man I usually see elderly people driving this cars...

Experienced TGC Member SleekGTZ's Avatar
    I love the sleek look :)
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    the whole car period!
    correct minus the $50 interior on the DE

Icon10

i love everything about my galant especialy the interchangeability of parts

i love the fact when im behind some one the car looks like its about to devour them
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk
    Isuzu Trooper mountain spec

I love how it gets attention from the honda/acura guys at my school, I'm probably the only Mitsu guy.

i liked the very low resale value because I was able to buy my 01 in 02 with 35K miles for $10K only. I also like the exterior.

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenMBA View Post
    i liked the very low resale value because I was able to buy my 01 in 02 with 35K miles for $10K only. I also like the exterior.
    This!! I paid $11,200 in 2004 for my '03 ES with 31K miles, and $3500 in 2011 for my '01 GTZ with 118K miles. I paid $1800 at auction for my '02 Diamante with $170K miles and I'd still have my first G and the D if some idiot didn't hit them while they were parked. Low resale FTW!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

I love how easy things come apart makes working on it alot easier. etc the Headlights unlike chevys you dont have to take the whole front of the car apart to get them off or change a freaking light bulb.
    -Dirty South-

They See Me Rollin They Hating -Riding Dirty-
    Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    It dont smell or anything so F it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast