The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: The One Thing You Love About Your 8g Is......

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 94
    That it only has gotten 50 miles since November 29 2011....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Redhaze View Post
    I love how easy things come apart makes working on it alot easier. etc the Headlights unlike chevys you dont have to take the whole front of the car apart to get them off or change a freaking light bulb.
    You don't even have to take the out to change a light bulb. My 04 Tahoe, headlight needs to come out, it's only 2 pins but still, my moms '10 equinox, the bulb access is through the fender-liner gotta turn the wheel all the way in the opposite direction of where you are working. HID's were a PITA!!

Hell, on my old G the front was so high I could do the oil change without getting under the car at all, I loved it. This one I don't either, but I still have to jack it up some. I've never had a problem doing basic stuff to the Galant. I do love that!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Hell, on my old G the front was so high I could do the oil change without getting under the car at all, I loved it. This one I don't either, but I still have to jack it up some. I've never had a problem doing basic stuff to the Galant. I do love that!
    Ditto. I actually like to use the curb by the front yard at my g/f's house (great thing about a dead end, big section of street all to yourself!) since it's real low by the end of the road and sits about four inches up about three feet up. Ghetto, but makes life easier. lol

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

What I like about it? It's a working car that gets me from point A to point B without looking like an ass!
    1999 North Star White V6 8G
    2003 Yamaha R6
    2008 Lancer Evolution X

The Original FACTION from the BGR Days
    First Founder of TGC Florida 2002-2005

I like how simple the engine layout and the car is after you do it twice or so you can tear down the car with your eyes closed. I have had to tear down satruns, fords, Chevy, and pontiacs, and getting to stuff is more of pain in the ass, I used to thing g's were but they layout is failry simple all the way around.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bgood12 View Post
    I like how simple the engine layout and the car is after you do it twice or so you can tear down the car with your eyes closed. I have had to tear down satruns, fords, Chevy, and pontiacs, and getting to stuff is more of pain in the ass, I used to thing g's were but they layout is failry simple all the way around.

I think it's a given every car has its hard to reach parts. Like the starter on the 4G64. lol

If you ask me, I'd rather work on a four cylinder, front wheel drive layout. 85% of everything you need to work on is right there. FWD V6's are a pain in the butt no matter what the brand. The easiest being engines like my Pontiac, since they're pushrod engines, and the UIM doesn't have to come off, like a 6G72 would for example. Working on the four cylinder Grand Ams my friends had was easy as the 8G's 4G64. Not looking forward to doing the timing belt, water pump and timing belt tensioners, though. lol

-Chris-

From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

I def agree, but like its still doable and not too bad I did it in 45 minutes I have seem a Saturn with the starter on the back near firewall that you can't get to even with a long socket without taking at least a manifold off.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyforger View Post
    I think it's a given every car has its hard to reach parts. Like the starter on the 4G64. lol

If you ask me, I'd rather work on a four cylinder, front wheel drive layout. 85% of everything you need to work on is right there. FWD V6's are a pain in the butt no matter what the brand. The easiest being engines like my Pontiac, since they're pushrod engines, and the UIM doesn't have to come off, like a 6G72 would for example. Working on the four cylinder Grand Ams my friends had was easy as the 8G's 4G64. Not looking forward to doing the timing belt, water pump and timing belt tensioners, though. lol
    Work on any new mazda speed doing anything is a bitch. 8 hours by the book to do a downpipe took me 10.

Quote Originally Posted by bgood12 View Post
    I def agree, but like its still doable and not too bad I did it in 45 minutes I have seem a Saturn with the starter on the back near firewall that you can't get to even with a long socket without taking at least a manifold off.

What model Saturn? I know the basic SL1/SL2/SC1/SC2/SW1/SW2 models were pretty straight forward, it's the Opel based L-series sedans that are a bit wonky, especially that DOHC 3.0L V6. Peppy little bugger, but a pain to work on.

Saturn was really coming around as a good brand when GM axed them. :(

Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    Work on any new mazda speed doing anything is a bitch. 8 hours by the book to do a downpipe took me 10.
    A buddy of mine had a first gen Speed3, and even with a lift, it took him half a day to do the DP and catback on the car.

-Chris-

I love how my galant is way different from everyone else's here in Iowa.

What model Saturn? I know the basic SL1/SL2/SC1/SC2/SW1/SW2 models were pretty straight forward, it's the Opel based L-series sedans that are a bit wonky, especially that DOHC 3.0L V6. Peppy little bugger, but a pain to work on.

Saturn was really coming around as a good brand when GM axed them. :(

A buddy of mine had a first gen Speed3, and even with a lift, it took him half a day to do the DP and catback on the car.
    Yeah the 3's are tons easier than the 6's with the 6's you have to lift and shift the motor forward to get the damn thing out.

It was a 94 Saturn coupe of some kind.

The one thing I can say I truly love about my 8g is how easy it is to work on. Even though she's a northern car I've only broke one bolt on the suspension and it's the rear eccentric. Not to mention the space in the bay is awesome. I can literally stand between the trans and the radiator if I have to.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Like the starter on the 4G64. lol
    You doin it in the dark? Pull the heat shield bolts off, unplug the connections, unbolt the starter from the trans and voila!

I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    You doin it in the dark? Pull the heat shield bolts off, unplug the connections, unbolt the starter from the trans and voila!
    Simple on paper, it's just annoying getting your hands and tools behind the exhaust manifold. A lift certainly makes life a lot easier as well.

-Chris-

Yea its one of those things if u don't have extra long socket extensions its a bitch. But Its bto too bad I Nissan maxima maybe a 95 wasn't either but some cars its so packed in tehere with sockets u can't but its probably more due to engines being v6 and v8 eight

I just pull the manifold, a few nuts and 3 bolts. Out. I have done ot without pulling the manifold, I dont like it, my hands are too big.

Sent from my Rooted Droid X using hacked Tapatalk 2

Simple on paper, it's just annoying getting your hands and tools behind the exhaust manifold. A lift certainly makes life a lot easier as well.
    Simple in real life. I've done it plenty of times on both my car and other 8g's. In and out in 10mins tops. Car on the ground not even lifting the car up. You think the 4g64 starters are hard, try replacing one in a newer tundra and you'll find yourself pulling the intake manifold.

There might be a difference between some model years due to the cat or heat shields found on the exhaust manifolds on some years. But on my 2000 and other 99-01 I've worked on it was a less than 10 min job. As soon as the heat shield is out its got all the space it needs to be maneuvered out.

The sound of my exhaust and the fact it seems tolure in more expensive/faster/newer imports and a few domestics who probably overlook any other galant lol

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast