The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Install Idea

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

Install Idea

Im thinking of putting a Kenwood KGC-4042A EQ in (the really small 1/2 DIN one).

My idea is since I'm a non smoker to use the ashtray slot and rig the ashtray cover as to hide the unit from onlookers.

I'll keep you posted.
    sig too big

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    external eq are a dying breed

UPDATE:
    finally got my EQ installed and it was a TIGHT fit. Luckily, I didn't have to do any permanent modifications, just unscrewing the ash tray holder. Now my next step is fabricating some sort of cover to hide it from plain view.

sig too big

i know how u can hide it!!!! .......................................

TINT!!! unless u already have it. then.........................

DARKER TINT!!! lol just a suggestion!

Quote Originally Posted by kylecanthurdle View Post
    i know how u can hide it!!!! .......................................

TINT!!! unless u already have it. then.........................

DARKER TINT!!! lol just a suggestion!
    I was thinking more along the lines of fabricating a door of some sort with a spring hinge. I do have tint and its not really noticeable if you don't know its there.
    sig too big

That's an amazing ideai think i'll try that out. and it looks like it fits perfectly.

i still want one of those but havent bought one yet. How do you like it?? Worth the money or is it about the same.?? Just wondering cause i always wanted to get one for my car.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

if u can move it back some, dremel off the front of the ashtray and put a small hinge and have the OEM look still there

Quote Originally Posted by QnzMostWanted View Post
    if u can move it back some, dremel off the front of the ashtray and put a small hinge and have the OEM look still there
    I was thinking of doing that. I just might do that if I can find a spare ash tray to modify.
    sig too big

Quote Originally Posted by fliegendaffe View Post
    external eq are a dying breed
    So are underbody LED's. Don't Hijack the thread with unsolicited opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmm View Post
    I was thinking more along the lines of fabricating a door of some sort with a spring hinge. I do have tint and its not really noticeable if you don't know its there.
    That's a clean looking installation. That's the same location I put my ScanGauge in. Nice Job Blackmm!!
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Quote Originally Posted by Galant306m View Post
    i still want one of those but havent bought one yet. How do you like it?? Worth the money or is it about the same.?? Just wondering cause i always wanted to get one for my car.
    it works great once you get the settings you want. I picked it up new on ebay for about $85.
    sig too big

nice! i am liking this. if i didn't have an EQ already in my headunit i'd have to explore this idea