The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: lowered car now need help!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 33 of 33
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by guynlidia2006 View Post
    i feel the wobble between 20-30 only..
    I have the same exact problem!

I've heard that u can cross over parts (engine,trans,etc) from an eclipse. Woud this work for shock/strut ?

projectGTZ
    I have the same set-up. Tein S-techs and GR-2s. Does the same thing.

It's not that there is anything wrong, it just changes the geometry on the axles. I chased it for a year thinking it was something else. Changed everything i could think of, wheels, tires, struts, axles, wheel bearings, rotors, and several balances and alignments.

It will wear your axles quicker, but nothing drastic or dramatic. Just an annoying side effect i think.

Quote Originally Posted by guynlidia2006 View Post
    u think the rim size has something to do with it? i have 17's
    i have 18" and still the problem.

JDM front covension Old style vr4,18"axis black seven mod,clifford alarm,egr rear window visor,kenwood unit 7"screen DVD,two tones paint job,3G strut bar , HID's.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    im glad 7G's dont have that problem.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Quote Originally Posted by projectGTZ View Post
    I have the same set-up. Tein S-techs and GR-2s. Does the same thing.

It's not that there is anything wrong, it just changes the geometry on the axles. I chased it for a year thinking it was something else. Changed everything i could think of, wheels, tires, struts, axles, wheel bearings, rotors, and several balances and alignments.

It will wear your axles quicker, but nothing drastic or dramatic. Just an annoying side effect i think.
    what needs to be changed about the axles to stop this, are they too long now? How much quicker do the axles wear out? When u replace them does it stop for a little while till they wear again?
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

like the second post said, this is common with V6s lowering

i get the shakes too

anybody know the torque specs?? PM me plz:) or would it not matter much with my four banger:)

Dc sports Header
    N1 exhaust
    Megan Springs
    Falken ZE512 225/40/18
    18" Motegi DP6
    Cross drilled slotted rotors
    Night shade tail lights
    Cleared Corners

Next...going in today...
    Dvd Player
    New infinity speakers

projectGTZ
    The extra wear on the axles is nothing you would notice. As far as I know there is no fix for the "V6 tein shakes". Not sure if those with the 5-speed swap have the shakes.

so the shakes is only with tein? so if i switch the springs it will stop?
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

I'm on my 3rd suspension setup with my '99 V6 and the only time I ever had the shakes was with my 1st setup of Progress springs with Koni inserts up front (KYB AGX's weren't available for the front yet) and KYB AGX in the rear. But, that was only after the front Koni inserts started wearing out. Before the Koni inserts, I had stock struts up front which blew out real quick and even then, I never had any shakes, just bouncing. lol.

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    The only time I have the shakes is when I dont get my coffee early, like right after I wake up. On a serious note though, I've been lowering cars for over 15 years and I have never had any, including Hondas shake from being lowered. Who knows!

Not to revive an old thread but i have a 2000 LS V6 with Eibach springs and KYB Gr-2's and i experience the same shaking only during moderate acceleration. Heavy and Light acceleration doesn't seem to shake. Im also running factory 16" rims with Yokohama Avid V4s 205/55r16. By any chance would the 5sp swap have any affect on this (very) minor problem

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12