The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Coilovers

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    2nerGalant03

Coilovers

I have never messed with coilovers and want to know if the coilovers will replace the springs on the front struts?

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2nerGalant03 View Post
    I have never messed with coilovers and want to know if the coilovers will replace the springs on the front struts?
    replaces the spring and struts

depends on what u are calling "coilovers". there are adjustable springs that are on a threaded sleeve with a perch that screws up and down to adjust ride height... alot of people call these coilovers but they are just adjustable springs. true coilovers are an adjustable spring and matched threaded (ususally short body) damper (so it would replace both the spring and damper).

adjustable springs reffered to by some as coilovers

true coilovers
    Last edited by Reelax; 05-02-2008 at 04:40 PM

2nerGalant03
    Here is the set I got.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    y those will just replace the springs
    03 I4

Quote Originally Posted by 2nerGalant03 View Post
    Here is the set I got.
    those are adjustbale coils. u will need new dampers pretty soon as those will blow your stock shocks pretty quickly. suggestion KYB AGX or scarp the whole setup and get real coilovers which have short body dampers.

2nerGalant03
    Well I got to purchase new struts and shocks anyway after 120k I think it is time but I already purchased that set. So I will wait awhile till I buy the real things. Is there a company your prefer, I seen Megan's and they are expensive as hell.

I have TEIN SS-P. they are more expensive than the MEGAN's so my recommendations probably won't fit your budget.