The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Need constructive critism

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 88
    You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    i have a 4" magnaflow on my car. it sounds nice not too rice. i have tint that i did my self, i got some 18" wheels. basically you can go anywhere with what you want with your car. if your looking for cheaper mods start by clearing the corners, painting the interior, stuff like that

good luck. and i drove with my hood popped not realizing that was why it was shaking so much and i stopped asap to get it shut all the way, if its been working for you keep doing it i guess :?

Quote Originally Posted by ProjectPaperBoy View Post
    Ok i just set up my ghetto sri intake rig:

Universel 4'' Cone Filter - $54
    Universal 3" MAF adapter - $12.99
    a) had to go to hardware store to drill holes didnt fit
    b) had to find new bolts and nuts because the stock air
    box is gay with glued-on bolts. - $1.69
    c) mitshibishi is gay with mass air flow sensor, had to sand
    some random edge that was poking off.
    2 feet of 2mm cable to strap intake from moving - $1.30

Total: 69.98 for a sri with stock rubber hosing.
    ummm...You could of just went went with a ebay cold air intake for 10bux cheaper. since the air is grabbed from the bottom of the car u wont have to ride around with your hood open....

2001 5 speed 4g64T

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar

This guy is EPIC haha.. the damn PAPERBOY with the at-risk hood...

You're gonna hurt someone else, and hurt the looks of your car. Dumbass hahahaha

i think i have a 2.5" stock piping, but i didnt know you can get bigger then that without installing a new cat back.

Serstylz2: its secure, its been debated. Chill bro

And o yeah i forgot who suggested this, how do i take off the carpet to remove the sound deadning material?
    and where exactly is the heavy plate in the glove box?

And about tinting windows? what should i get "Paste-Ons" or proffesional service/re-made tinted windows.
    Last edited by ProjectPaperBoy; 05-09-2008 at 08:51 AM

i think i have a 2.5" stock piping, but i didnt know you can get bigger then that without installing a new cat back.

Serstylz2: its secure, its been debated. Chill bro

And o yeah i forgot who suggested this, how do i take off the carpet to remove the sound deadning material?
    and where exactly is the heavy plate in the glove box?

And about tinting windows? what should i get "Paste-Ons" or proffesional service/re-made tinted windows.
    Wow. You really know your stuff huh? How much horsepower does cracking open your hood get you? And someone as knowledgeable as yourself, I'm surprised the removal of carpet is so hard for you to understand. Hmm. Lets see.

Remove interior[seats, center console].
    Remove carpet.

It's a really hard process, but if you try enough, I think you can get it.
    1997 Volvo 850 T5

Wow i didnt coem here to get roasted on but thanks for the 2 sentences of you're time.....

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    ?!!?!?!
    i fucking go around town with my hood open all the fuckign time, during 3 o'clock in the morning i go 85 with it cracked open? im pretty sure theres a hook lock for a reason, and by the way i dp this because have you seen where the stock intake in a 99 gets air from? not from the radiator vent like some one said here but it gets it right under the hood, ive tested the coldness of it when not cracked open/ cracked open. a lot colder everywhere even the rubber tubbing where the MAF is.

the only problem i get with the hood is if i go over bumbs it trys to close but doesnt have enough Ummmphhh.

can someone please tell me adice on ather things i asked, i wasnt asking if it was safe for my windsheild i was asking dust and particles goign into other places of the engine.

i know for a fact my hood wont bust open, in the story you posted do they also have a hook mechinism which in order to fully open the hood you have to pull the hood latch then go outside and pull the second locking mechinism?
    actually dude, if you take your stock air box out, you will see it extends down to around your air dam where that is where your car gets the air. hope you win the darwin awards because leavign your hood open is dangerous for you and every other driver

Wow i didnt coem here to get roasted on but thanks for the 2 sentences of you're time.....
    if you didn't want to get roasted then you should have used some common sense

First, I don't think its going to matter what anybody says regarding the hood issue, hes going to do what he wants to do.....second, remember when we were kids, thinking we were superman, we did crazy shit like jumping off roof and not get hurt.....well, here is the perfect example, hes going to do shit like this until someone gets hurt, then look back and say, "man, I wish I had......" Third, he says he does it all the time, that doesn't mean its okay, again, until it happens the first time.....lastly, I worked 23 years for an insurance company, in the claims department, I've seen what a hood that flys open can do at 45 mph and at 70 mph.........thats my two cents.......

AND believe it or not, the 45 mph one had a fatality......AND, it wasn't even the driver of the vehicle that had the hood fly open.....

Im going to keep my hood cracked an inch so I can beat Toretto to the railroad crossing a quarter mile from the intersection.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    Im going to keep my hood cracked an inch so I can beat Toretto to the railroad crossing a quarter mile from the intersection.

Oh yeah! I used to drag there back in High School!
    1997 Volvo 850 T5

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    ROFLAO

Ok enough Jiber Jaber, if you're going to roast on me even more then, i whould suggest you read what i posted earlier on page 1.

1. im only doing it when im on my route "only" meaning its 3 o'clock in the morning no traffic
    2. im doing it just incase my engine bay gets to hot because the car is on for a solid 2 hours and 30 minutes.
    3. i bought wire fasterners for my hood incase this does happen.
    4. This is the Galant Center not "LMAOatCARnoobs.org"

Quote Originally Posted by fliegendaffe View Post
    actually dude, if you take your stock air box out, you will see it extends down to around your air dam where that is where your car gets the air. hope you win the darwin awards because leavign your hood open is dangerous for you and every other driver
    WTF, well Gee thanks for the Nomonation, But hey gunius on a '99 it gets air from a vortexed tubed connected right under the hood ontop of the radiator fan.

I know this cuz i fuckign uninstalled it yesterday to Rig up my ghetto intake.

Ok enough Jiber Jaber, if you're going to roast on me even more then, i whould suggest you read what i posted earlier on page 1.

1. im only doing it when im on my route "only" meaning its 3 o'clock in the morning no traffic
    2. im doing it just incase my engine bay gets to hot because the car is on for a solid 2 hours and 30 minutes.
    3. i bought wire fasterners for my hood incase this does happen.
    4. This is the Galant Center not "LMAOatCARnoobs.org"
    u are getting roasted because we care. actually, you really are getting 0 benefit from driving w/ u hood cracked. if we can drive our cars in VEGAS or in LA rush hour traffic at 100 degrees and not overheat, you should be able to drive at NIGHT in a state that is 10x colder allready, without overheating. why are you trying to school us on how this car works since u have a mere fraction of the experience that many of us do? some of us have had these cars for 8+ years so i can guarantee you we have answers to ANY question you might have... but your attitude is keeping us from giving you the information, since you seem to "know-it-all" allready. in fact, if you really did search, you would have allready gotten the answer to all your questions so far.

Thanks you for the concern, but yall making it sound like my cracked hood is an Out break lets get over it?

Out of the 23 post's i got atleast 75% is regaurding hood saftey.

Everything is safe and sound.

Could a get a concerning awsner about what kind of tint service i should get done
    Paste-On's or proffesional service?
    Last edited by ProjectPaperBoy; 05-09-2008 at 04:31 PM

This happened to someone in my family in a van, the hood was down but not completely shut and when she when on the interstate the hood flew open and cracked the windshield and the hood was broke also left dents on the top of the car. luckily no one was around and she could control the vehicle when not being able to see. But there was lots of $$ in damages. So I don't think some wires u have are going to hold it when ur going fast and the wind pressure is trying to lift your hood. Not only is it dumb, but im sure ur car looks like a pos riding around with the hood open, and people probably think your an idiot. And i tried rigging up my intake and it broke my intake mani so id watch out for that to, thats why im going with AEM.

2000 Galant ES 2.4L

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    remove the hood entirely
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by jonk8123 View Post
    This happened to someone in my family in a van, the hood was down but not completely shut and when she when on the interstate the hood flew open and cracked the windshield and the hood was broke also left dents on the top of the car. luckily no one was around and she could control the vehicle when not being able to see. But there was lots of $$ in damages. So I don't think some wires u have are going to hold it when ur going fast and the wind pressure is trying to lift your hood. Not only is it dumb, but im sure ur car looks like a pos riding around with the hood open, and people probably think your an idiot. And i tried rigging up my intake and it broke my intake mani so id watch out for that to, thats why im going with AEM.
    What people its 3 oclock in the morning, and wow wire fasteners do work, what do you think they use at drag race's.

How much more can i say this, i close it after im done with the route, i drive on residential streets with calisacs every where. Shit i even drive in reverse a whole street, no ones there to get hurt or judge my "Idiot Hood".

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast