The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Need constructive critism

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 88
    Wow your an idiot, you shouldn't even own a galant or any car in that matter, and you need to go back through drivers ed

2000 Galant ES 2.4L

driving around for 2 and a half hours isnt any kind of risk at all. i have made a 3 hour drive nonstop plenty of times and have never had any problems
    ...pain is temporary, pride is forever...

Quote Originally Posted by ProjectPaperBoy View Post
    wow wire fasteners do work, what do you think they use at drag race's.
    because the factory hood lock sometimes wont hold at 100+mph and just hood pins plus the hood lever which btw is about 1-2 inches of metal isnt going to hold against high wind speed + 40-50 mph, also you are hurting your areodynamics by doing this, just get the CF hood and make covers for the vents for when you arnt using them

Quote Originally Posted by jonk8123 View Post
    Wow your an idiot, you shouldn't even own a galant or any car in that matter, and you need to go back through drivers ed
    Fuck you're self please.

what does the hood have to do with drivers ed, i past that shit the first time with a dodge dynasty.

What is the point of you're post, you are worthless.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    i'll get a whole list of parts for u dude no worries

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    WTF, well Gee thanks for the Nomonation, But hey gunius on a '99 it gets air from a vortexed tubed connected right under the hood ontop of the radiator fan.

I know this cuz i fuckign uninstalled it yesterday to Rig up my ghetto intake.
    actually you're wrong there dude, because i have a 99 and i took my air box out, so i saw where the air comes from. so please get your facts straight ghetto man

Ok enough Jiber Jaber, if you're going to roast on me even more then, i whould suggest you read what i posted earlier on page 1.

1. im only doing it when im on my route "only" meaning its 3 o'clock in the morning no traffic
    2. im doing it just incase my engine bay gets to hot because the car is on for a solid 2 hours and 30 minutes.
    3. i bought wire fasterners for my hood incase this does happen.
    4. This is the Galant Center not "LMAOatCARnoobs.org"
    oh boo whooo, i ran my car for 6 hours coming back from toronto, and guess what, it doesn't over heat, not to mention STL and chicago are 2.5 horus away from me and i have gone there tons of times, and same thing, never over heats.

i just really think you forgot to check your ego at the door or something
    Last edited by fliegendaffe; 05-10-2008 at 09:18 AM

Thanks you for the concern, but yall making it sound like my cracked hood is an Out break lets get over it?

Out of the 23 post's i got atleast 75% is regaurding hood saftey.

Everything is safe and sound.

Could a get a concerning awsner about what kind of tint service i should get done
    Paste-On's or proffesional service?
    a lot of professional services your what you call "paste-ons" but they get wide enough rolls to do your windows in 1 piece versus 2

Its a road hazard! Did'nt they teach you road hazards

2000 Galant ES 2.4L

Quote Originally Posted by fliegendaffe View Post
    actually you're wrong there dude, because i have a 99 and i took my air box out, so i saw where the air comes from. so please get your facts straight ghetto man

want to take pictures and compare? i still have my stock intake box sitting, ill show you.

oh boo whooo, i ran my car for 6 hours coming back from toronto, and guess what, it doesn't over heat, not to mention STL and chicago are 2.5 horus away from me and i have gone there tons of times, and same thing, never over heats.

i just really think you forgot to check your ego at the door or something

Bro my job is 7 days a week, meaning its running 'continiously' for 2.5 - 3 hours "daily" (5 hours every sunday) . Over a period of time im pretty sure it needs some precautions.

Speaking of precautions i think something is wrong with my springs or struts, there starting to squeak over little bumps, and i hear a lot of Clunking noises when i go over main street potholes and bumps.

i think its due to the continious driving on peoples driveways, can anyone refer to me to durable struts and spring preferably for a Job like this.

a lot of professional services your what you call "paste-ons" but they get wide enough rolls to do your windows in 1 piece versus 2

Thanks for the knowledge.

look into KYB GR2 shocks or AGX. the agx are adjustable while the gr2 are not. i dont think ur car is going to over heat honestly, i drive my car for 1:30-2 hours and im turbo'd which is wayyy more heat in the engine bay then you and i have no issues.
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

But do the noises i described show signs of damaged spings or struts?

i would get Tein S tech or progress if you want a drop (both give different amount of drop) these will give you a better look and handling if you dont want a drop just go with the OEM ones. I would try driving ur route with ur hood fully closed and watch your engine temp. gauge, if it does overheat something has to be broke. Its a newer car and they are made to withstand daily/ long road driving, so there should be no problems with overheating. If you really want that then buy the cf hood like they said it will suck in more air directly to your intake and engine and is lighter then the stock hood. you will improve your aerodynamics and be getting more air flow also it will drop the weight of your car.
    Last edited by jonk8123; 05-10-2008 at 03:07 PM

2000 Galant ES 2.4L

yea it does, my honda accord does the same thing and its needs springs and struts, but in worst case it could be ur ball joints, or tierod, it all depends

2000 Galant ES 2.4L

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    it's probably the driver
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Thanks you for the concern, but yall making it sound like my cracked hood is an Out break lets get over it?

Out of the 23 post's i got atleast 75% is regaurding hood saftey.

Everything is safe and sound...
    well all the responses you are getting about you driving with your hood open are because it is just about the WORST idea we've ever heard. seriously. nobody should ever do this on purpose. your car will NOT overheat from driving... and if it does, you have cooling system issues that cracking your hood and letting air in will NOT fix. i don't know how to explain this more simply. it is just USELESS. i couldn't even get to your other questions since your idea that driving around with your hood cracked open was so ridiculous allready.

then instead of taking GOOD advice, you defend your misguided position... and who are you to defend anything to us, whom you are asking for advice from? what have you ever done on your car that merrits you possesing any knowledge about it or even cars in general? so you are safe driving around with your hood cracked because you said so? sorry, i don't recognize your expertise. you trying to inform us on how the intake and cooling systems function and trying to look informed only makes you appear more and more ignorant. if you are going to ask such elementary questions then LISTEN and LEARN since it's abundantly obvious you do not know what you are talking about.

theres is NO BENEFIT from driving around with your hood "cracked" open.

since there is no benefit, do you even need to take the risk of it flying open?

keep your hood CLOSED COMPLETELY when driving.

Could a get a concerning awsner about what kind of tint service i should get done
    Paste-On's or proffesional service?
    just take it to a shop. the reason 99.99% of owners let a shop do this is becasue shops do a much better job than a novice (and to most of us, it's not worth our time to DIY).
    Last edited by Reelax; 05-11-2008 at 04:41 AM

I drive with my trunk open for downforce.
    Love,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by VegasMatt View Post
    I drive with my trunk open for downforce.
    roflao

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast