The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Quick fix for rear bumper?? *PICS*

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

Quick fix for rear bumper?? *PICS*

Here's the story, one day i was backing up towards a tree, and i saw it keeping my distance from the trunk i kept going and then all the sudden i scraped the underside of the bumper. I quickly pulled forward and looked at what happened. And saw that the right side of my bumper was pulled out from under by a FAT root i didn't see backing up. So the root just pulled the bumper out. :(

I've left it like this for months now, but its really an eyesore and bugs the crap out of me. Right now getting a new bumper is not possible. Soo is there anyway i can close up the gap and seal it up nicely? With duct tape, screws, anything?

This was where the bumper was pulled out

This is what the gap looks like.

This was the part of the bumper where it was suppose to screw into the back of the car.

Whenever i try to push it in to make the gap look smaller, the bumper doesnt line up properly for some reason.

I'm just looking for a quick fix for this, i was thinking about cutting a straight line in the middle of the area was pulled out, but im not sure this will work. Any ideas would be appreciated!

*** Sorry the pics are so big, just right click open them.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    yeah just use ducktape. quickfix is what you needed anyways.

Even if i duct tape it together the bumper doesn't line up properly with the body, as seen in the last pic. I need to make it line up some how and then tape it.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    get a pencil and put it on the holes. then duck tape it.

nah that wouldn't work either. I've tried even pulling the bumper down to even it out, but it doest stretch down that far. I'm thinking its cuz of the place that was pulled out?

No matter how i stretch, move, push, i cant get it to perfectly line up with the car.

drill some holes on the lip where the two pieces meet on the inside where u cant see and use zip ties
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

i'm not sure i can do that, because, if you look at the last pic, thats the way it looks if u push it in and their touching eachother. And i've even tried pulling the bumper down to get it to be even but it wont stretch and it leaves a gap on the bottom of the tail lights.

take it off and reinstall it and see what happens
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................

drill a hole on the rear bumber inside lip the drill one on the panel on the lip where u cant see it, make the hole on the bumpoer higher and the panel lower and when u put the zip tie thru and tighten it will pull it closer in place, , where are you located, i know i can help u afro enginer that in person
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

the inside lip of the bumper was ripped out along with the screws so what u see of the bumper is all that is there, theres no way to even screw it backi in if i wated to because the lips is torn right off.

I live in massachusetts. haha prob no where near you.

i'm thinking of using a heat gun at the part where its stretched out under the bumper (pic 1), i figured out that if i bend that part up the bumper fits into place perfectly, i just need a way to get that part to stay up somehow.

as you can see i need to push that up since its sagging down right now, caused by the tree root pulling on it there.

can u take a pic of the inside part u cant see
    Mods:

sorry for the blurry dark pics haha, yeah i just pulled out outward to let u see whats in the gap, as u can see theres no more lip where it should be.

i see a small lip on the bottom...so drill a hole on whats left of the lip as high as possible and drill a hole as low as possible on the lip on the body panel and tighten the zip tie down and the tighter u make it , it should help u line up the panel
    Mods:

ok i'll give that a try.