The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: what not to do with nos

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17

what not to do with nos

well i hope my faults will help some of you not to think about nitrous lightly and to actually check everything and make sure it can take it.. this is off of a 50 wet shot.. so take caution it's a bad ass power adder don't be turned away

well.. jigglez aka shadow will laugh at this one..

well about 2 weeks ago i was trying to play with some nitrous :D and i put it on there a 50 wet shot just seeing what it does well first gear i start out fine got to 2nd and it was fine.. well.. i tried it again from a stop.. burned all the way threw 1st going into 2nd in about a 50ft distance i was at around 4k when a cloud of smoke and a oil begins pouring out the bottom end.. lol.. rod went threw the oil pan in 2 spots. well i got it home and proceeded to rip the engine down.. i found that the head gasket was garbage and it hydro locked the #4 piston cause the rod to break and go threw the cylinder wall lol.. but never fear it will be back :D
    well it isnt your normal honda engine it's a jdm dohc zc d16zc so the finding of block with be a little complicated

here is some pictures of nos destruction

piston

lol.. joys of having a import :D

wow a 50 shot did that? damn i would squeeze off a dig in my toyota truck and i was running a 100 shot. ouch man, hope you get another block soon.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

yea it was a bad head gasket when i got the motor the dude said that he changed all that shit already and we just got the timing issue i had resolved lol.. the messed up thing is i have a mls head gasket for it but i thought it wouldnt do any damage with a 50shot but i figured wrong lol.. bad thing is i was about to start off with a 100shot lol.. good thing i trusted my gut huh lol
    Last edited by panda; 05-04-2008 at 02:05 PM

i thought all d-series motors were single cam?
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

how come your on a mitsubishi forum?

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Ahaha told you that you would blow it up! Its ok, just throw a K20 in there now ;)
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by kylecanthurdle View Post
    how come your on a mitsubishi forum?
    maybe be plans on getting a mitsu, im on honda-tech but i dont own a honda. its probably the most informative auto website on the internet
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    I didn't even think you were supposed to spray til third

ok.. let me explain

1 all d-series motors arent sohc.. there are the d16 series a1,a8,a9, zc all dohc

2.because unlike my brothern honda owners i dont just like one type of motor.. i hate honda owners but luv tha engines.. i also have some buddies with mitsu's like seth there lol.. i know you told me but meh.. trial and error.. but either way.. im here so what :D

3. oh i would luv to get me hands on a colt hb with a 4g63-t :D but im on honda-tech aswell.. half the people there are dumb ass's that are bias and cant see past a b-series or spoon cause that was what was on ff or some shit.. either way i dont like em.

4. spraying isnt just in 3rd you can do it from home.. aka 1st -what ever it's the ability to hold the nos me i could spray threw all gears it just gave up in 2nd at 4xxxk i think it was 4500 first pass i got into 5th without any problem.. it was just the head gasket couldnt hold the pressure anymore and hydro locked..

k20 in a hb. lol.. i would like too but that is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of my price range but sporting that around in a 2200lb car would be awsome.. the nutt factor would be outstanding
    Last edited by panda; 05-04-2008 at 06:18 PM

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    ok.. let me explain

1 all d-series motors arent sohc.. there are the d16 series a1,a8,a9, zc all dohc

2.because unlike my brothern honda owners i dont just like one type of motor.. i hate honda owners but luv tha engines.. i also have some buddies with mitsu's like seth there lol.. i know you told me but meh.. trial and error.. but either way.. im here so what :D

3. oh i would luv to get me hands on a colt hb with a 4g63-t :D but im on honda-tech aswell.. half the people there are dumb ass's that are bias and cant see past a b-series or spoon cause that was what was on ff or some shit.. either way i dont like em.

4. spraying isnt just in 3rd you can do it from home.. aka 1st -what ever it's the ability to hold the nos me i could spray threw all gears it just gave up in 2nd at 4xxxk i think it was 4500 first pass i got into 5th without any problem.. it was just the head gasket couldnt hold the pressure anymore and hydro locked..

k20 in a hb. lol.. i would like too but that is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of my price range but sporting that around in a 2200lb car would be awsome.. the nutt factor would be outstanding

HAHAHA. Damn dude.. You live all of what 8 miles from me and ive yet to get there and see this shit! Oh wait.. 2 days after you blow up my car breaks down. DUN DUN DUN. That was a horrible week..... First travis, then you.. And now me! WHY WHY WHY? Oh well.. We will get back up and going soooooooooooooon my friend sooooooooooon!

yep.. soon i will have the fukka back in there to play ping pong with some ppls.. this time imma make sure all the shit is right.. going with the arp head studs, put the head gasket on there.. might even go as far as putting the pistons and getting some good rods and put those in there.. why did yours go dun dun dun .

8 miles.. i dont live 8 miles from you

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    you sprayed in first gear....enough said.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

enough said.. lol.. what do you mean enough said.. 1st gear wasnt when i blew.. i already ran it in 1st-5th.. it blew up in 2nd after the 2nd atempt the stock headgasket that had been reused failed... i know plenty of people that spray in 1st.. nos isnt defined by what gear you spray it in. it's where you want to spray it with the type of power band you have.. most imports dont spray in 1st-2nd because those are good pulling gears. 3rd-4th are usually where they spray because of the less gear they are running.. hence why you get beat by some cars in the higher gears. mine was set up for a drag racing application where 1st-3rd was where i usually go my 3rd runs out at around 90mph and on a short track like a 1/8 it's enough for me..

tough break.
    Love,
    Matt

i know.. lol.. i had to start the chain reaction lol..

i squeeze from the dig in my truck, especially when I was on slicks. all the the way through 4th gear. I didnt feel it much in 4th but Ive been doing doing that for many years now. But if youre on street tires, Best to start squeezing in 2nd if you can get traction. Just as long as you have enough fuel and squeezing around 3k and above, you can squeeze in any gear. The reason why people blow their engine is cuz theyre sqeezing more than the engine can handle, not enough fuel, and not being able to shift to second fast enough. lol! Seems like your engine was just a tired engine. 50 shot cant do that kind of damage to a maintained motor.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

yea it was tired lol.. i was going to see what the 50 would do to it.. but i never got around to putting the mls head gasket in.. so it's my fault.. lol.. but damn it was fun.. lol.. when i get a new block or engine.. im going to really blast on it's ass lol.. 100+ shot.. the bad thing is i have all the parts i just hurried the process and didnt set it up the way i should. so it blew.. the only thing that pisses me off really is i didnt have the camera with me..