The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: antenna hole filler ?

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

antenna hole filler ?

so as many people have had, my power antenna crapped out. a while before the car became mine. well i took it out to see if i could fix it, and it turns out i couldn't (surprise :P) so in an urgent need to cover the hole, i covered it with duct tape. well that has kinda stuck (no pun intended)

so i was wondering if anyone had an idea how i could fix it. i had thought of epoxying something like a thin plastic plate, so i could bend it to the shape of the fender, epoxy it in place, then bondo the hell out of the gap. i guess it might work, i just dont want it to bend, and in turn crack the bondo, thusly cracking any paint i might lay over that... so im not sure... though i do wanna save up and fix the outside. i have so many dents, scratches in the paint, and this that and the other thing...

so yea, any ideas on how i can fix the hole ? i really dont want it leaking on my subs.

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    fiberglass

I thought your car died last week!

it did... its sitting in the mechanic's yard as we speak... but im still actively trying to figure out the small things i might be able to do myself...

BTW: i shot the tranny, so ill have prices tomorrow...

i thought about fiberglass, but it looks like a lot of mess, and i dont really have a place to do the work... i only have on the street parking, so yea...

I had that happen to my 94 Galant when I had it. I just replaced it with an after market non retracting antenna.
    sig too big

i thought about that, but i really dont want an antenna. ide like to install one of the hidden ones, but for the most part, i have my ipod hooked up, and if i dont have that, i have CD's, and if i dont have that, well ive always got at least 1 cd with me... but i basically never use the radio. come to think about it, i dont think i hooked the antenna wire up when i put my newest HU in. ill have to take a look at that. and i rather like the sleeker look without an antenna, untill i throw my big ass CB antenna on the trunk, but thats only for highway driving.

i used cold weld on mmine then just sanded it down.