The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Car rpm spikes when shifting A/T

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 21

Car rpm spikes when shifting A/T

What do you think it coul dbe...rpms jus spike rite before switching gears

i believe its the end clutches.
    Light em up.

do you wait untill ur car warms up b4 driving??
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................

yes i do

yea i warm up and cool down 5 mintues but i have a automatic tranny

i thought there was clutches in the auto tranny

there is but it kinda doesnt work the same with automatics lol.. it's more like 5 clutches

so are you saying still those could be going,,,or could it be still boostd through shift

what do u mean spikes?? u have a limit of 6300 or less so u cant go past that if u wanted too.. WOT u will reach redline and shift if ur clutches are slipping u might hit the limiter and it will nananana for a second is that what u mean?? Mine will run to redline and shift perfectly then redline again and so on no problems with it hitting the limiter..
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

Quote Originally Posted by Boostdgalant View Post
    What do you think it coul dbe...rpms jus spike rite before switching gears
    its normal if it spikes a little.. besides that i would get it inspected....

i have that as well i just thought the TC is on it's way out.

Quote Originally Posted by RafalGTZ00 View Post
    its normal if it spikes a little.. besides that i would get it inspected....
    x2

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    transmission or torque converter are going, most like the clutches or syncros in the transmission.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

my car does it too, it might of done it before but i didnt notice it due to quiet exhaust. now that its loud ill notice every once in a while that the rpms will raise for a bit before they go down during a shift. almost like when you let the clutch in while your still letting of the gas in a manual.
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Quote Originally Posted by Johnathansgalant View Post
    what do u mean spikes?? u have a limit of 6300 or less so u cant go past that if u wanted too.. WOT u will reach redline and shift if ur clutches are slipping u might hit the limiter and it will nananana for a second is that what u mean?? Mine will run to redline and shift perfectly then redline again and so on no problems with it hitting the limiter..
    noob question but are you saying in an automatic the car is suppose to redline and shift for every gear?

Experienced TGC Member
    If your driving along, and you hear your engine beginning to rev louder than normal (hold a gear longer than it should be) your transmission or torque converter is on its way out the door. My car has been doing this shit for a while. And now its gotten to the point where 2nd gear lasts a little too long when going up a hill. Even when i let off the gas at 30mph or about 4ooo rpms, it wont shift into a higher gear.

This problem pretty much stems from my ignorance about replacing my motor mounts. Anywho, i dont plan on having this transmission rebuilt. Id slap fire out of someone if they told me $3ooo-$4ooo to rebuild a fucking transmission. Especially when i can be 5spd. for much cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by 6G72Galant View Post
    If your driving along, and you hear your engine beginning to rev louder than normal (hold a gear longer than it should be) your transmission or torque converter is on its way out the door. My car has been doing this shit for a while. And now its gotten to the point where 2nd gear lasts a little too long when going up a hill. Even when i let off the gas at 30mph or about 4ooo rpms, it wont shift into a higher gear.

This problem pretty much stems from my ignorance about replacing my motor mounts. Anywho, i dont plan on having this transmission rebuilt. Id slap fire out of someone if they told me $3ooo-$4ooo to rebuild a fucking transmission. Especially when i can be 5spd. for much cheaper.
    my truck does this while its cold i just let it run for like 5-10 mins while im getting dressed

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 03-Galant-ES View Post
    my truck does this while its cold i just let it run for like 5-10 mins while im getting dressed
    No. My car does this even well after its been warmed up. Im hoping its my torque converter because it usually does this crap while going up a hill. Doesnt really hold gears too long on open flat road.

Quote Originally Posted by 6G72Galant View Post
    No. My car does this even well after its been warmed up. Im hoping its my torque converter because it usually does this crap while going up a hill. Doesnt really hold gears too long on open flat road.
    hey TC dying is better than a tranny

So i went to move my car this morning and to my surprise, it wouldn't move as it normally would when I shift gears. but if i rev up the engine up to about 2000rpms+, then the car would start moving. To me it felt like it was trying to catch first gear and it couldn't, until i pushed the gas to bring up the idle. Could it be the cold harsh weather we are experiencing here in NYC? or could it be my tranny or torque converter going?????

thanks!
    [/quote]Ahh Yes we got to ride in StylEZZZ[quote]!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast