The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Stock FPR or 2gFPR...ur opinion plz

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

Stock FPR or 2gFPR...ur opinion plz

hey guys i have had my 4g64 turbocharged for a while now but i think now after finding out that safc is useless i think i found my problem i just need your help...i have a 255lph fuel pump,450cc python racing injectors with inline resistors big 16g pushin 10lbs now as far as FPR its stock...with the safc -20 across board would technically compensate for bigger injecors if you do the math but you would have to stay out of boost i think that if i swapped out FPR with 2g turbo one it would help me tune with safc.....what do you guys think

Honest opinion ... 255 is overkill, 450's are not large enough, stock fpr is definitely going to cause issues(especially with a 255), safc is not a worthwhile tuning tool there are many better options out there. And exactly how are you running 10 psi on a 16g? Internal or external gate? Stock or aftermarket actuator? Boost controller?

222whp/250wtq

Oh and you have an 8g correct? If so the 2g fpr will not bolt on to your stock rail ... your best bet would be an evo fuel rail and fpr or adjustable.

222whp/250wtq

Stock FPR????

Why should i upgrade...and if so should i get a fully adjustable or jus use the 2g turbo Regulator that i have sitting at my house

Please Search!!!!
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

Please Search!!!!
    ^
    AGREED!

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Just help the guy, its not a question repeatedly asked over and over and he sounds like he isnt a dousche so ...

Depends on your setup. Not sure what base fuel pressure the 8g uses, but a 2g turbo fpr should be 43psi with vacuum. What fuel pump are you running?
    7g for life!

PS Seth he has another thread about this exact topic posted about 2 under this one ...

222whp/250wtq

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Ahh missed that one, merging topics. Think he hit new topic instead of reply.
    7g for life!

I think safc2 is a piece of crap that doesn't work for this car I don't know how is it that you haven't blown your engine yet with it. All this information has been posted a ton of time and should not be repeated over and over again.

edit sorry i forgot u said u got a 255 lph -- u may need the afpr after all -

no -- ur fine with ur stock fpr - the 2g turbo made no difference in my tune- i used my stock u may have to add a slight more bit of fuel but ur stock regulator will handle it fine... I only changed my because i went with the evo fuel rail. My tune was only a slight bit richer changing the fpr maybe a half .5 of my original afr .. It helps a slight bit on the spool but ur computer will keep u at 14.7 with ur stock ecu so its useless unless u change ur open loop settings to lower loads.. The AFPR will be nice -- I dont think u can use the 2g fpr on our rail if im not mistaken the holes dont line up and the regulator will not physically fit in the hole i believe..
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

kbeast
    dont mean to thread jack but cant u use 440cc injectors and a evo fuel rail with evo fpr?

^yes

kbeast
    Just got my AMS parts then:)

AMS Parts?? Like what?