The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Maft And Adjustable Cam Gear?

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Maft And Adjustable Cam Gear?

Guys What Do You Think About Using Maft And Gm Maf To Tune Fuel And Adjustable Cam Gear To Retard Timming....what Woul Dyou Guys Think Of That...for Basic 10lbs Of Boost With Stock Ecu...and Why Should I Upgrade To A 2g Knock Sensor...or Knock Sensor In General? Will It Stock Ecu Change Timming...? What Are Some Opinions Pro's And Cons Of Doing This Setup

This is what a search of "MAFT" produced.
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/sear...earchid=104950

This is what a search of "Knock" produced.
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/sear...earchid=104954

Q - Why Should I Upgrade To A 2g Knock Sensor...or Knock Sensor In General?
    A - Because it will let you be aware of detonation.

Q - What Are Some Opinions Pro's And Cons Of Doing This Setup?
    A - Pros, when it is set up correctly. You lessen the chance of blowing shit up.
    Cons, it is usually good to understand the principals of engine managment or all this stuff is just taking up space on your dash.

A cam gear is the worst idea for a SOHC to lessen the chance of knock, were mine is only retarded to 2 degrees. Where you will loose some power throughout the entire power band. ECU flash is your best tool at hand for pulling timing, or there are other routes.

I put this manual together a while back and is informative to the pricipals of engine managment, please read it...
    http://forums.openecu.org/viewtopic.php?t=1190

listen to mtcavity1 --

u can watch the voltage of the knock sensor or put a light to determine if u have knock but ur ecu wont retard or advance timing based on it...

as he said the cam gear is not for on the fly adjustement obviously and u will need continual adjustment of timing to get optimum performance..

You have a wideband i hope?? ne ways i used an emanage and it worked for fuel and timing but others report timing issues so -- U may be ok with stock timing with 10psi just keep an on the wideband and run 11.0 afr to be safe..
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

can i use the auto tune feature with maftpro and set afr at 11.0 with the wideband and then maybe use the flash to compensate for timing...or shoul din general just get ecu mapped and have shop dyno tune to how much i need to pull out timming timming wise or should i ditch gm maf and t and pro and just totally ecu flash but i heard the ecu hates boost or cant reconize anything over atmoshperic pressure....so what is your ideas...? does the ecu reflash program have the opyion to set afr....like maft?

Dude this is like the 5th semi-incoherent thread you've posted and a lot of your statements completely contradict one another ... I think you need to post pics of your setup because as of right now I refuse to believe you even know what a turbocharger is.

222whp/250wtq

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Im staying out of this...........
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Once again, YOU NEED TO SEARCH!!!! I don't even think have a turbo of any kind at this point. In fact I plain and simply call BULLSHIT!
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

and you posted this on OPENECU

"Guys i really need help...i have heard that a stock ecu from a 02 galant or 3g eclispe will not be reflasble due to the auto trans...but i was thinking could i jus use the evo fuel maps and retard the timming, with the which reflash program... i am jus wondering about A/F ratio and things of this nature.
    i have a SAFC but it useless...i need a reflash in which direction should i go.... i heard my ecu wont handle evo rom because ecu has dosent lik e reading anything over atmoshperic pressure so i installed a 2g turbo MDP. what should i do i am lost and i need soe tuners"

WTF are you trying to do to your car exactly???????? This is not a civic!
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD