The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Progress On The G ~ *PICS*

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 172

Progress On The G ~ *PICS*

Ok so when I first got my Galant was about 5 months ago. I let it sit for about 2 months because I did't have the time and money to fix it. I sold my other car and decided to start fixing the G. I originally bought it for $400 from my neighbor, and it was in a few accidents. First things first I had to get a new oil pan, battery, a/c belts, serpentine belt, starter, two steelies, two new tires, and clean it up, inside and out. Once i had it running it lasted about two monthes and the intake manifold cracked and i had it replaced. a month later just recently it cracked again. Also when i first got it there was a lot of dents, both bumpers were falling off and had cracks, cigarette burns in door panels and seats, both tails cracked only good thing was the tint. So heres what I have done over the last few months, its slowly getting better.

I got 2 12" sony subs, 600w sony amp and an alpine deck. right now im selling the subs and getting a better set up

Cleared corners and grille, replaced orange bulbs with siverstars

wrapped panels with black vinyl and cover up cigarette burns

I painted the Interior with krylon fusion - its not fully finished yet, will get updated pics later.

added a TGC decal

i got TYC tails, i shaved the trunk and got a ebay muffler. the muffler sounds nice its deep and low and isnt to loud. But im planning to get a catback soon. also got a ebay intake when i got the muffler but it is a piece of crap so im replacing it.

Got new fogs since the old one were broke, this is how it sits tonight.

This shows how bad the bumper is, right now its zip tied on. (The duck tape is covering a huge crack)

A little bit of engine degreaser, this kinda shows the ebay intake.

This shows a lot of the damage. In the top pic u can see how bad that back quarter was.

I pulled it out and used some bondo. I sprayed it with some primer since it was rusting becuase of the weather. Also i got new hubcaps.

I got rid of most of the dents, now all i need is a paint job. some still need to be sanded

Outlander Intake Manifold. got it in the mail on tuesday.

Outalnder TB and TPS. I cleaned it up with some carb cleaner. I got it in the mail today

eclipse fuel assy., my gas gauge is broken.

I also have a AEM Short Ram Intake, OBX headers 2-piece, Front bumper 02-03(getting civic lip, cyber rear and sides), and some misc parts still coming. I will get some more pics of the interior and i will update when all of this is installed, everything is supposed to be done wednesday. Alot of my idea have came from this site so i give credit to TGC for the progress i have made. Tell me what you guys think
    Last edited by jonk8123; 05-09-2008 at 04:16 PM

2000 Galant ES 2.4L

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    wow nice work so far, for only $400 and that amout of work you have done the car is looking really nice

good job

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    good luck, keep on truckin

everything is put in

and i got this bumper on until the body kit gets here

next i need a cat , do you think a hi-flow cat is better or a resonator, and would magnaflow be the way to go?
    Last edited by jonk8123; 05-17-2008 at 07:43 PM

2000 Galant ES 2.4L

looking nice... you should get the grille i got for my 02

Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

Quote Originally Posted by jonk8123 View Post
    next i need a cat , do you think a hi-flow cat is better or a resonator, and would magnaflow be the way to go?
    car looks very nice for 400 man.

if its daily car, get a cat
    if its a race car get a resonator

ok its a daily, you think i should just go with a magnaflow? I got the obx headers with a 2 piece so it came with the cat delete pipe, right now i got that and a ebay muffler, since i got the obx 2 piece can i still go with a catback exhaust, and will there be room for a cat? right now its really loud and raspy, so will a hi-flow cat still make it quieter or should i just go with one regular cat?
    Last edited by jonk8123; 05-18-2008 at 12:20 AM

2000 Galant ES 2.4L

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Good freakin job!

the tails are gross.

i know im buying jdm heads first then im gonna sell them and get the 3rd gen jdm tails

2000 Galant ES 2.4L

what cat should i go with. right now my car is REALLY loud. what should i get a large reg cat or hi-flow. will hi-flow still make it loud?

Last edited by jonk8123; 05-18-2008 at 01:20 AM

2000 Galant ES 2.4L

Nice work and a great price.
    8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )

Day and night.....good job fixing her up....

Car is sold, no more G.... Moved on to something a big more sporty.... lol

if you want it quieter get a cat and a resonator.

edit: actually im not that sure if a cat affects the noise level at all, but if i was you i would get both anyway.

Okay, I got a great suggestion for you seeing that I just got my catback put on 1 week ago. 1st go with the 2nd choice for your converter, that is what I have. 2nd, yes go with magnaflow because also that is what I have and it sounds wonderful. No Honda civic noises nothing like that, but a nice, nice Bass. The unique thing about mine is I have dual mufflers in the back with an electric cutout on one of them. So I get the best of both worlds. At the flip of a switch I can go 1 muffler, or 2 mufflers. But yes go with the high-flow catalytic converter from magnaflow. Keep everything magnaflow. Hopefully pretty soon I will be adding pictures of what my cat looks and sounds like.

get the normal cat. Im going to buy a normal cat also noticed that i lost some power when i went catless. Bottom end torque is gone so my car is a slug off the line and only picks up after 5 grand. Stock cat is the way to go i think.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

exhaust

lmao thats what my car sounds like with no cat and no egr valve, i bought a magnaflow cat today i dont if its its hi-flow or not
    and I can barely step on the gas when i drive it otherwise it misses and revs, because theres no egr valve on it, so im planning on letting it sit until i have the cat, egr valve put on and o2 sensors replaced.
    Last edited by jonk8123; 05-18-2008 at 09:58 PM

2000 Galant ES 2.4L

body kit came today

theres some space under the right tail

this is the only part where it really didnt fit right

anyone know what to use to keep the side skirts up?? double sided sticky tape?

now all i need is a drop and some rims :D
    Last edited by jonk8123; 05-29-2008 at 02:41 PM

im gonna finish meshing it tomorrow

and im cleaning all the interior

Last edited by jonk8123; 05-20-2008 at 06:16 PM

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast